Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-fibre coming to my area in June 2014 (Cork) But will it affect me?

Options
  • 09-02-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Okay, So I'm living in Crosshaven and I know its coming to me in June 2014, However I'm still effected by 'the last mile' of copper wiring coming into my house, So my question is will it effect me at all? And if not how much might it cost to replace the last mile into my house with fibre optic cable. 

My other question is, I am currently with Sky (Not the happiest, But didn't really have a pleasant experience when I was with Eircom either) Will this fibre be available to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jldesign wrote: »
    Okay, So I'm living in Crosshaven and I know its coming to me in June 2014, However I'm still effected by 'the last mile' of copper wiring coming into my house, So my question is will it effect me at all? And if not how much might it cost to replace the last mile into my house with fibre optic cable. 

My other question is, I am currently with Sky (Not the happiest, But didn't really have a pleasant experience when I was with Eircom either) Will this fibre be available to me?
    Hi jldesign
    If you are within a reasonable distance from your local exchange you should see quite a difference. Have a look at our eFibre site here.
    At the moment there is no process to have the last section to the home replaced by fibre cable.
    This is a link to eFibre availability map. You should be able to see if you will be able to receive this in your own area.
    If you have any further questions just let us know.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alessia7

I didn't have a good experience with eircom either and would never go back when i left i was offered a 2 year contract with e fibre! Sky is better value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Alessia7 wrote: »
    I didn't have a good experience with eircom either and would never go back when i left i was offered a 2 year contract with e fibre! Sky is better value!
    Hi Alessia7

Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with eircom and if there is anything I can help with or look in to please let me know

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement