Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Ban

Options
  • 09-02-2014 8:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭

I did not abuse the moderator. I attacked the post. It would be safe to assume that a moderator remain impartial and not make silly comments that would incite an argument.

The simple fact of the matter is, the business of radio is just that. Whatever the decision of radio stations to change presenters, change formats etc, that is their decision. No presenter from local radio to the bbc has a choice in the music they play. Anybody that works in the commercial sector knows this. That was the point, so I attacked the post, not the poster!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Have you discussed the ban with the Moderator?

If so (and you are not satisfied), please provide some links to the issue and I'll look into it.

I did send a message stating my objections but got no reply. My posts have been deleted.

I may have been a bit hot headed so I apologize.

Ok Jimmy - This is obviously to do with the thread regarding the Will Leahy show.

You questioned/highlighted the Moderators ability to Moderate based on their casual interaction in the thread - Definite no-no of which goes beyond 'attacking the post'. Had the post not contained that Mod comment, it could have gone unchecked, though it's still passive-aggressive and seems to be a common trend with your post-style.

To make it worse, you've received two infractions before this ban for personal abuse and breaking charter, which already asked you to behave.

That's a bit more than hot-headed, it seems.

I'd be prepared to downplay the permanent ban to a timed one, so long as you make an effort to 'behave' so to speak, but a ban seems appropriate given your record and the mod-comment.

On the flip side, if we go through with this - I'd recommend to the Mods that if you regained access after a timed ban expires and you fail to tone it down, then the next ban most likely will be permanent and without an appeal.

If this offer is not satisfactory, you could appeal to an Admin who may see it differently (or may heighten the decision).

Up to you from here, Jimmy.

Accepted with humility. Apologies again

Thank you.

No worries - I assume you accept the offer rather than an appeal, in which case I'll put the ban to 1-Month instead of permanent and will let the Mods know. In 9 days time your other infraction expires, so when this fades (assuming you don't end up here again) you'll be playing with a clean-slate.

Just keep in mind Jimmy, Mods are Users too and will have their own views & opinions and are just as susceptible to having said opinions debated or attacked openly like everyone else is.

This doesn't make them immune to critique or debate nor does it mean we are always right in what we say, so again, attacking the post is one thing - But attacking their role or title in the process isn't fun for anyone.

Just exercise a bit of fair-play and you should be fine.

If you're happy with this, we can mark this as resolved.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement