Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post on sunday

Options
  • 09-02-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

if i post something in the gpo in town on sunday would it be delivered on monday?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

if i post something in the gpo in town on sunday would it be delivered on monday?

Not if your posting it to new york

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

whupdedo wrote: »
    Not if your posting it to new york

:rolleyes: ....nope. just galway

It should be delivered by tomorrow evening no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

It won't be delivered, it'll get there tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

so which is it folks?

• Advertisement

It's almost always delivered next day weather or not it's posted on a Sunday or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No Saturday collection from the GPO so can't imagine there would be a Sunday collection

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Collection times should say on the inbox. You can also try the sorting office but the gate might be locked on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

It would be delivered Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd be saying Tuesday too.

I've not seen any post boxes around town that have a Sunday collection. If there's not collection, then there's no way that the item can get to Athlone for sorting before Monday evening.

• Advertisement

I'd be saying Tuesday too.

I've not seen any post boxes around town that have a Sunday collection. If there's not collection, then there's no way that the item can get to Athlone for sorting before Monday evening.

But he's posting it in Galway to go to Galway, theirs a good chance it will be delivered tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm putting my money on tomorrow, presuming you posted it in the afternoon.
    I've posted things in the gpo on Sunday and had them arrive Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

whupdedo wrote: »
    But he's posting it in Galway to go to Galway, theirs a good chance it will be delivered tomorrow

http://www.anpost.ie/anpost/schoolbag/primary/our+people/the+sorting+team/
    The postman has collected your mail and now it’s in the mails centre ready to be sorted. An Post has four mails centres in Ireland, Athlone, Cork, Portlaoise and Dublin. These mails centres are where all the post from Ireland and abroad - letters and parcels - are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I understand that post from Galway to Galway goes to Athlone for sorting and then comes back to Galway. I don't think they collect post on a Sunday, so it will be collected tomorrow (Monday), go to Athlone and then come back to be delivered in Galway (with luck) on Tuesday. It used to be different, and on weekdays you can get next-day delivery, but not on a Sunday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

100% sorted monday - delivery tuesday, via athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Any update OP ?
    Seeing as there's been such interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

doesn't work

Advertisement