Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options
  • 07-02-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Simon's coming back!
    BREAKING NEWS: ITV and Simon Cowell are delighted to announce that he is to return to the UK X Factor in Autumn 2014.

Simon says: “I’m absolutely thrilled to be returning to The X Factor UK. It’s been three years since I last judged the competition and I’m excited to find a global superstar again.”

Simon added: “Despite all the rumours, ITV and the producers have not decided on the rest of the judging panel quite yet. You’ll just have to wait and see….”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Simon's coming back!

Well there's another 2 seasons at least. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say Lulu and Cheryl will back too

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd say Lulu and Cheryl will back too

Louis definitely... not so sure about Cheryl.

Also, had no idea what thread had been updated when I saw the red number in the top right. Surprised when I saw it was this one ... great to be back! :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Great news.

Does this mean X Factor USA has gone kaput?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Great news.

Does this mean X Factor USA has gone kaput?

Probably.

Havent heard of Tate Stevens or Melanie Amaro since they won Season One and Two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Simon's coming back!
    BREAKING NEWS: ITV and Simon Cowell are delighted to announce that he is to return to the UK X Factor in Autumn 2014.

Simon says: “I’m absolutely thrilled to be returning to The X Factor UK. It’s been three years since I last judged the competition and I’m excited to find a global superstar again.”

Simon added: “Despite all the rumours, ITV and the producers have not decided on the rest of the judging panel quite yet. You’ll just have to wait and see….”

And in other shocking news: the world is round, the sky is blue, grass is green, water is wet, ice is cold, fire is hot, night is dark, the Pope is Catholic and bears defecate in the woods...

And X Factor USA is being "rested", which apparently does not mean that it's been cancelled. Yeah, right...

And X Factor USA is being "rested", which apparently does not mean that it's been cancelled. Yeah, right...

It's been cancelled:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2554079/Simon-Cowell-confirms-return-The-X-Factor-three-year-absence.html

More incredible developments: cats still meow, dogs still bark, fish still live in water, sugar still tastes sweet, rocks are still hard, the sun still rises in the east, the square root of 9 is still 3...

Why didn't Fox announce its cancellation as soon as Simon announced that he was returning to the UK version, instead of waiting until the following day?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The last few comments have been split away from the X Factor 2013 thread.

The Sun has Louis Walsh down on the panel for the next season... will hold out for official confirmation but that doesn't surprise me really, especially with Simon making a return.

• Advertisement

It's being reported that Nicole Scherzinger won't be returning to the X factor panel in 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2558191/Scher-long-Nicole-Scherzinger-heartbraking-decision-not-return-UK-X-Factor.html

It's being reported that Nicole Scherzinger won't be returning to the X factor panel in 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2558191/Scher-long-Nicole-Scherzinger-heartbraking-decision-not-return-UK-X-Factor.html

And it's being reported that Cheryl will return. :rolleyes:

I'm taking these reports with a grain of salt until official confirmations are made.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I have a feeling Cheryl would only return to the panel if Nicole was leaving. She wouldn't want to be upstaged.

I'll miss Nicole. She was annoying at times but she was a very good mentor and judge.

Can't think who they'll replace her with. Please note someone like Rita Ora. I'd love Lily Allen :D

I have a feeling Cheryl would only return to the panel if Nicole was leaving. She wouldn't want to be upstaged.

I'll miss Nicole. She was annoying at times but she was a very good mentor and judge.

Can't think who they'll replace her with. Please note someone like Rita Ora. I'd love Lily Allen :D

Lily has frequently been linked to the show, but she's rubbished every link thus far.

I don't think she likes it that much, anyway. She certainly didn't like the bootcamp twist last year:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/sep/30/x-factor-viewers-complain-cruel-bootcamp-twist

And she almost certainly won't join if Nicole does indeed go and Cheryl does indeed return. After all, she and Cheryl hate each other... :D;)

I have a feeling Cheryl would only return to the panel if Nicole was leaving.

And if there was a **** tonne of money involved. Would have loved to have seen Ronan take a position, he's been doing great on the Aussie one. But, it has to be a woman. My bets are on Dannii Minogue also making a return.

Also... NEW THREAD!

5bc935da64f7ad332ee135788db3a916764a710d7d2d9a660031e8fa47e69f40.jpg

I can't see Dannii coming back unfortunately. She was my favourite judge ever. And the years with her, Cheryl, Louis and Simon were the golden years of the show.

Simon and co will probably still want an overseas judge, seeing as there has been one every year since Dannii joined in 2007.

So if Nicole does go, might they consider Ashley Roberts, soon to lose her job on Dancing On Ice as that show bows out?

It can't be denied that Ashley isn't and never has been very good on DOI, but then she's far less familiar with ice skating than she is with music. XF would almost certainly be more up her street.

And if Cheryl was on the panel too, I'd say the two would get on reasonably well. Ashley certainly doesn't come across as being more likely to upstage Cheryl than Nicole...

I suppose the major disadvantage, though, would be that many civilians would see the replacement of one Pussycat Doll with another from a smaller ITV talent show as a big anticlimax.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Until official confirmations are made, keep your fingers crossed. :D:D:):);)

The tabloids and gossip sites are reporting that Simon has confirmed Nicole's exit.

All he did was tweet, "Nicole will always be a part of the X factor family. Now signed to Sony as an artist. Thank you Nicole for everything."

That is not an official confirmation...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The tabloids and gossip sites are reporting that Simon has confirmed Nicole's exit.

All he did was tweet, "Nicole will always be a part of the X factor family. Now signed to Sony as an artist. Thank you Nicole for everything."

That is not an official confirmation...

It may as well be tho. I'd wager anything she won't be back as a judge for 2014.

Rita Ora turned down judge job to focus on her own music

Sam Bailey's duffed! Bet Simon's delighted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

So Cheryl has confirmed that she has no self respect or dignity. In other words she's definitely returning to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

bopper wrote: »
    So Cheryl has confirmed that she has no self respect or dignity. In other words she's definitely returning to the show.

Aw no, I can't stand her.

bopper wrote: »

And if rags are to be believed she don't want any other females on judging panel so Olly Murs latest name linked to final judge's vacant seat with her, Simon and Lulu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Well, guess what?

It IS a done deal.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-26523825

FUUU_Guy.jpg

banging-head-on-wall.jpgbitcoin-flexcoin.jpg

stress-sistema-immunitario.jpg

url2.jpeg

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Her career's in the crapper of late, so she's taking Simon's big fat pay cheque to promote whatever her new 'comeback' single is going to be. Just watch how her acts will be favoured this year, too.

I'm genuinely gutted she's back. Only silver lining is that at least it wasn't Sinitta :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd prefer Sinitta over Cheryl tbh :p

Advertisement