Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

SO many bloody ads! :mad:

Haven't watched a show live in a couple of years because of them. Just seems to be more and more of them with each year.
    Record, Play, Fast Forward, Play, Fast Forward, Play....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Haven't watched a show live in a couple of years because of them. Just seems to be more and more of them with each year.
    Record, Play, Fast Forward, Play, Fast Forward, Play....

Yeah, I waited and watched it on TV3 player last year. Looks like I'll be doing it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

CH3OH wrote: »
    Paul is an excellent singer, but the voting public are very fickle

yeah, now instead of being in danger of being forgotten he'll be like the comeback kid. He also won't be thrust into it so quickly, where what he does could greatly impact him for the rest of his life. In some ways it's ridiculously better for him.

I wonder will this girl get through on sob story alone. She's a decidedly average singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thought she was a bit screechy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Paul was bloody brilliant tonight! Love him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

To echo everyone else, LOVED Paul! Could have left everyone else, have forgotten them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Watching the Xtra Factor for the first time this year. My god, it's utter tripe. It's so badly written (Louis' tram watch? Seriously) and the presenter is terrible - so awkward around people and no charisma. Won't be in a hurry to watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Watched for the first time as well last night. While not great, it was better than the rubbish from last year.
    We just skim through it to see the acts not shown on the main show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Looks like it's being set up that way.

Wish Simon Cowell would stop with the "Louis destroyed your life/ruined your dream/etc".

Agreed. I hope that doesn't go on every single time that Paul appears.

• Advertisement

I can't listen to 'Try a Little Tenderness' without picturing Dekko from 'The Commitments' :P

That was a bit all over the place, but still quite strong vocally. Not sure he'd get past judges houses though...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I can't listen to 'Try a Little Tenderness' without picturing Dekko from 'The Commitments' :P

That was a bit all over the place, but still quite strong vocally. Not sure he'd get past judges houses though...

I'm a few mins behind and just watching him too. Love him, and his parents are adorable! Timing was an absolute mess but he has a great voice, just needs some refinement and mentoring. Agree with you that I can't see him getting through to live shows but I want to see more of him, he's a sweetie!

This girl group is only the second group we've seen of the arena, and the first group were that old couple who are just a joke act. Wonder do they not have a good standard this year

Edit: and they're awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Simon's eyes when watching this boy band ... $ _ $

Thought they were quite good

There are enough boy bands out there at the moment, and they all sound and look the same. There's a gap in the market for a new girl group, I think that's what they should be focusing on.

They really look and sound like a carbon copy of One Direction. Boring.

....And another ad.

They really look and sound like a carbon copy of One Direction

I'd say they would be more than happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Heckler

Had to laugh at Cowells comment. Be original....... At another cookie cutter boy band lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

The crowd are a bunch of twats.

• Advertisement

It's turning into a bit of a colosseum for the performers

Oh Jesus.

sad......................................

Couldn't stand this guy first time round. Feel bad for him though, he looks petrified!

they can't..... can they??

Well at least he's having fun I guess :D

CH3OH wrote: »
    they can't..... can they??

Yes they can!

Nowhere near as good as his first audition. He's absolutely murdering Fix You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Nowhere near as good as his first audition. He's absolutely murdering Fix You.

Ah I dunno.....I think hes fab!!

• Advertisement

but the crowd love him

Advertisement