Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ffs that was awful. What's with the reactions???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I really don't like his voice. It's all nasal and whiney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I thought he was great. Whatever about the way he sang the song, I just love his voice.

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Ah I dunno.....I think hes fab!!

I loved him first time and he has a great voice but that was a terrible song choice IMO and didn't suit him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This competition could change his life and ..... buy him socks

• Advertisement

That's it???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭CH3OH

That's it???

xtra factor... where a song is being murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I know he can't sing but I think your man Stevie is great craic. When he came out at first and introduced himself I thought the audience were gonna destroy him, but glad they joined in on the fun. To be fair to him, he's a decent dancer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I know he can't sing but I think your man Stevie is great craic. When he came out at first and introduced himself I thought the audience were gonna destroy him, but glad they joined in on the fun. To be fair to him, he's a decent dancer...

I enjoy him.
    I liked the first guy on tonight, I can't remember his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭chooey

I thought he was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

G'wan Paul!

Louis banging on about doing the right thing, lol. He bumped Paul off for Sam Callahan last year because of aesthetics, pure and simple.

Do you not think that was in the master plan? Back again this year and everyone feigning surprise. Blatantly obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

I was just thinking - don't you think Cheryl gets prompted her comments by Simon by passing notes under the desk? Surely she not capable of formulating those opinions all by herself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Only managing to catch up with the last two shows now after a very nice holiday. Fairly decent talent there but very few acts for some of the categories. We've only seen two groups, right? Mind you there was talk that Simon has put together a 8 piece boy band later on in the show so maybe we're all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brian Friedman is back as "creative director" for the live shows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Brian Friedman is back as "creative director" for the live shows

wooohooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I have no faith in the live shows since Ella Henderson got booted out so early on, back whenever that was.

I have no faith in the live shows since Ella Henderson got booted out so early on, back whenever that was.

It was between her and James Arthur, it was the right choice, he was far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

yes but she didn't even down to the last two

Meh, there are shock exits every year. It's all part of the show's drama. I'm an avid fan of the show and usually get very strongly behind one contestant...but I honestly don't give a crap about any of them once the show ends :o It's not really my type of music, I just watch the show purely for the entertainment factor and then when it's over I go back to having a life again :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The thing that annoys me most is the 'uproar' twitter/facebook/media in general goes into after a shock result/Simon et al keeps a rubbish talent over a decent one. If these guys had voted for their 'favorite' then it wouldn't have happened! James Arthur and Ella Henderson being in the bottom 2 was the most ridiculous thing I ever saw but had the public voted correctly instead of acting the prick it would never have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

colossus-x wrote: »
    I was just thinking - don't you think Cheryl gets prompted her comments by Simon by passing notes under the desk? Surely she not capable of formulating those opinions all by herself ?

I think the other judges all take their cue from Simon, albeit appearing to go against him, now and again, to have a pretend fight / argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Necrominus wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me most is the 'uproar' twitter/facebook/media in general goes into after a shock result/Simon et al keeps a rubbish talent over a decent one. If these guys had voted for their 'favorite' then it wouldn't have happened! James Arthur and Ella Henderson being in the bottom 2 was the most ridiculous thing I ever saw but had the public voted correctly instead of acting the prick it would never have happened.

James and Ella being the bottom two is one of my all times favourite X Factor moments. I thought it was bloody hilarious! When the judges continuously act the prick, the voters will only respond accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wasn't James Corden writing stuff for Gary Borelow

bopper wrote: »
    James and Ella being the bottom two is one of my all times favourite X Factor moments. I thought it was bloody hilarious! When the judges continuously act the prick, the voters will only respond accordingly.

My favourite ever ever EVER X Factor moment was when when Simon sent it to deadlock between Jedward and Lucie Jones, and Lucie got sent home :D It was HILARIOUS!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wasn't James Corden writing stuff for Gary Borelow

Ugh, two insufferable twats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

My favourite ever ever EVER X Factor moment was when when Simon sent it to deadlock between Jedward and Lucie Jones, and Lucie got sent home :D It was HILARIOUS!

I actually have a mate who still refuses to watch the X factor to this day because of that result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Can't tell if the posh accent is put on with the Chloe one or not. She sounds like Peggy Lee when singing anyway. I imagine they're going to mould her into a second rate Amy Winehouse.

Is this the same song she sung at the audition?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

This one is gonna be trouble if she goes all the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Cheryl looked like she was annoyed that it turned out that girl was actually quite good.

Advertisement