Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    This one is gonna be trouble if she goes all the way

Yes she will. That's why I'd love to see her on the live shows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Tweedy hates her because she's everything Cheryl isn't: a good singer AND a songwriter.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Cheryl looked like she was annoyed that it turned out that girl was actually quite good.
    I like her even more because she annoys Cheryl.

I thought it was really petty the way Cheryl said no in the room audition after Raign said Simon's opinion was the most important to her.

Looking forward to the fishmonger girl. I thought she was one of the standouts in the auditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

What is it with the cameras cutting to audience members during the show and them PRETENDING to have normal chat about the acts. Its so obviously scripted lines given to them and microphones attached to them. Am i the only one really irritated by this??

• Advertisement

By far one of the best voices in the arena so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I liked the quirky girl who sang 'yellow'
    KerriAnn was great song just not my cup if tea really

Lisha wrote: »
    I liked the quirky girl who sang 'yellow'

Now see, she has one of those voices I'd find irritating very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I like her voice but the style will get very old very quick. That's the problem when its a bit quirky it almost goes gimmicky after a while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Ice Storm wrote: »
    I like her even more because she annoys Cheryl.

I thought it was really petty the way Cheryl said no in the room audition after Raign said Simon's opinion was the most important to her.

I want her to get through now to spite Cheryl. I think she has a good voice, plus she writes her own material, which is a bonus. Cheryl's reaction to the whole thing was petty. She decided before the girl even opened her mouth that she wasn't going to say yes. Sure, the girl probably goes on a bit, but she isn't as unlikeable as they're trying to make her seem. She seems to be a trier too, willing to take criticism on board.

Didn't really like the girl who sang Yellow, was a bit sickly sweet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I want her to get through now to spite Cheryl. I think she has a good voice, plus she writes her own material, which is a bonus. Cheryl's reaction to the whole thing was petty. She decided before the girl even opened her mouth that she wasn't going to say yes. Sure, the girl probably goes on a bit, but she isn't as unlikeable as they're trying to make her seem. She seems to be a trier too, willing to take criticism on board.

Didn't like her or her performance at all. Her and the first girl are this year's irritation acts

duffman13 wrote: »
    Didn't like her or her performance at all. Her and the first girl are this year's irritation acts

I think a conscious effort is being made to turn her into a villain. I just didn't like how Cheryl just decided she wasn't having any of it before she even sang a note, thought it was kinda unfair.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Your ones husband Ashley is the guy from Freak Power (Turn on, Tune in, Cop out).

Way too shouty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Way too shouty.

He was good but certainly not "you've got it, nothing more needs to be said". His voice was gravelly as Cheryl said... gravelly=kind of bad.

I'm guessing he's a strong "producer's pick" for his story, looks and likeability.

He does have a good voice, but like so many people who appear on this show, he needs to rein it in. Bigger isn't necessarily better.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

antodeco wrote: »
    Your ones husband Ashley is the guy from Freak Power (Turn on, Tune in, Cop out).
    No way! :eek:

I thought they were very quick to dismiss him in their audition (as was his wife :( )

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ice Storm wrote: »
    No way! :eek:

I thought they were very quick to dismiss him in their audition (as was his wife :( )

Yup! Ashley Slater. There's more to it than meets the eye I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

What is it with the cameras cutting to audience members during the show and them PRETENDING to have normal chat about the acts. Its so obviously scripted lines given to them and microphones attached to them. Am i the only one really irritated by this??

Apart from the adverts, this and the extended back stage chatter clips now eat into actual stage / music time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This may be the first of many rants, but I hate Rain/Reigne/whatever she wants to call herself. Writes her own material? Grand. Pity she was out of tune the entire song. Coupled with that, she is hands down, editing or nay - the single most arrogant, odius, horrid individual that has ever graced the show. Rant over.
    That 'posh' girl is a close second but at least she can sing. That is clearly a fake accent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

keano_afc wrote: »
    Tweedy hates her because she's everything Cheryl isn't: a good singer AND a songwriter.

I wonder what Cheryl will do if she divorces Jean-Bernard.

Will she keep his surname, just as she kept Ashley Cole's? Will she revert to being Cheryl Cole, or even Cheryl Tweedy?

Or might she decide, once and for all, that she's never going to go around with a surname again?

tumblr_mc92j22d951qf0jv7o1_500.jpg

:o:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Necrominus wrote: »
    This may be the first of many rants, but I hate Rain/Reigne/whatever she wants to call herself. Writes her own material? Grand. Pity she was out of tune the entire song. Coupled with that, she is hands down, editing or nay - the single most arrogant, odius, horrid individual that has ever graced the show. Rant over.
    That 'posh' girl is a close second but at least she can sing. That is clearly a fake accent too.

I think it will be a bit of fun if Raign ends up being in Cheryl's care when it gets to that stage.

That girl with the 'omigosh' accent, her demeanour including her accent seem completely fake to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Necrominus wrote: »

I agree with you 100% But I have to admit that I love that song.

Also... poor mic stand guy :( He ran all that way, only for her to use it for all of 5 seconds!

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Apart from the adverts, this and the extended back stage chatter clips now eat into actual stage / music time.

I dont get it? Do people actually think this chat IS genuine and not set up?? It is cheesy and as fake as anything. I know its all about production but this really grinds me!

I mean thete was a couple in the audience who featured 5 or 6 times just spouting propoganda like cr@p to boost the profile of tje singers that the show has ALREADY decided to put through. This is my first time watching these auditions in years and this and the likewise fake backstage chat among the contestants is a bad move. I dont mind the family reactipn but this is irritating

I mean thete was a couple in the audience who featured 5 or 6 times just spouting propoganda like cr@p to boost the profile of tje singers that the show has ALREADY decided to put through. This is my first time watching these auditions in years and this and the likewise fake backstage chat among the contestants is a bad move. I dont mind the family reactipn but this is irritating

Well the show always had that whole scripted thing down to a tee. Right from the get go they give off an impression that they they see thousands of people when in fact the judges only really see a few people from each stop. First you get 30 seconds with a scout, then you go onto singing for producers and other people before you get into the room with the judges. It always annoyed me the way they put these hand picked people back into the crowds so that dermot could stumble upon them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I like that Mel B has her own opinion, unlike Cheryl who constantly looks at Simon before making any comments. She was right about that Charlie guy, he was boring.

Seriously? That was far too karaoke. What is Mel on about?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I didn't think she was anywhere near as good as they were making out there.

Advertisement