Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

While some of us Boardsies are horrified, it seems that the general reaction to Cheryl's return is "meh".

Here are a few tweets:
    Apparently Cheryl Cole will be back on the X factor. I imagine it WOULD be possible for me to care less...I'm just bit sure how. #yawn
    Cheryl Cole to return to X Factor - in other news my elderly neighbour just put her bins out #whogivesa #itshaditsday
    Top story on my news thing is Cheryl Cole is back on X factor. Pretty sure there's some troubles in Ukraine and a plane is still missing...
    ZZZzzz Cheryl Cole back to X Factor, does she not realise Cheltenham starts tomorrow!!!!
    Cheryl Cole to make X Factor return http://gu.com/p/3nexd/tw via @guardian < I'm bored of being bored by this boring thing
    By bringing Cheryl Cole back the X Factor has become the definition of flogging a dead horse! #giveitup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

While some of us Boardsies are horrified, it seems that the general reaction to Cheryl's return is "meh".

Here are a few tweets:

Have to agree with both of them. It's a big 'meh' from me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What was that I was saying about Simon's favouritism towards Cheryl...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2578924/Lauren-Silverman-welcomed-fold-raucous-night-London-Simon-Cowells-celebrity-cronies.html
    He has sat on The X Factor judging panel since the very beginning, but it looks like Louis Walsh's time behind the famous desk could come to an end if Cheryl Cole gets her way....
    The former Girls Aloud singer is reportedly battling it out with Simon Cowell over whether the 61-year-old should return to the ITV1 show.

....Simon commented: 'When Cheryl came back we decided we'd agree together. I'm not going to put someone beside her who she hates.'...

...'I have got a 60 per cent say in who is on the show. I definitely want a strong woman. I’m kind of hoping I don’t have to deal with three guys because otherwise I’m gonna have no hair', she (Cheryl) added.

Just like before, there's going to be a real 'us against them' vibe from those two. No way should she have that much power in deciding who does and doesn't get to sit on the panel!

I really hope Louis comes back. The show just wouldn't be the same without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm pretty sure the whole Cheryl V Louis thing is drama drummed up by Syco to give the show some publicity...come on guys, how many years is it reported that Lulu's position on the panel is in jeopardy?!!! I think any rivalry between him and Cheryl is totally played up.

I don't really have a problem with Cheryl coming back tbh. She annoys the hell out of me, but I enjoy that! I enjoy bitching about her and Simon, and it certainly adds to this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I'm pretty sure the whole Cheryl V Louis thing is drama drummed up by Syco to give the show some publicity...come on guys, how many years is it reported that Lulu's position on the panel is in jeopardy?!!! I think any rivalry between him and Cheryl is totally played up.

I though the exact same thing when I saw those headlines. It's funny if people actually believe them. Louis will definitely be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The show needs Lulu and Simon's bromance back :p of course Lulu will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Louis NOT coming back is probably the only thing that may convince me to tune in this year. Simon said on Daybreak today that Cheryl has an influence on who the other judges are and he's not going to put anyone on the panel she doesn't like. That explains Nicole's departure, I'm hoping for a Louis Walsh exit too. Not before bloody time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I though the exact same thing when I saw those headlines. It's funny if people actually believe them. Louis will definitely be there.

Cheryl said herself she has a 60% say in who's hired to sit on the panel this year, it's not a made up story. As for Louis, it's also a fact he's slagged her off publicly more than once and he's not afraid to call her out, so it's safe to say she's not his number one fan.
    bopper wrote: »
    Louis NOT coming back is probably the only thing that may convince me to tune in this year. Simon said on Daybreak today that Cheryl has an influence on who the other judges are and he's not going to put anyone on the panel she doesn't like. That explains Nicole's departure, I'm hoping for a Louis Walsh exit too. Not before bloody time!

If Louis goes, I'm off too. I have no interest in watching the Simon & Cheryl love-in.

At least Nicole (whether drunk or not :p) showed some personality and was fun unlike Cheryl imo

I have no interest in watching the Simon & Cheryl love-in.

Me neither but it's still not as painful for me as watching Louis do or say anything. The combination of Simon/Cheryl and Louis will ensure I definitely don't watch a single episode this year. If Louis isn't present though I may be convinced to at least give it a chance.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    At least Nicole (whether drunk or not :p) showed some personality and was fun unlike Cheryl imo

I didn't say I'd rather Cheryl there than Nicole. Personally I'd prefer neither.

I didn't say I'd rather Cheryl there than Nicole. Personally I'd prefer neither.

Sorry mate, Cheryl shouldn't be back on the panel or have any say on who should be

Sorry mate, Cheryl shouldn't be back on the panel or have any say on who should be

Eh are you misreading my posts or something??

I haven't said Cheryl should be back on the panel, or have say at who should be AT ALL!

Cheryl shouldn't be back on the panel or have any say on who should be there either

e26b8476-c883-4228-af92-8e73a5aa174e.jpg

Sorry, couldn't stop myself. :o:o:o:D:D:D

Fergie (from Black Eye Peas) latest name linked to the show

Fergie (from Black Eye Peas) latest name linked to the show

Hmmm - Fergie hasn't done much recently, whereas a certain other Black Eyed Pea has done three series of a certain other UK television singing competition... ;)

Hmmm - Fergie hasn't done much recently, whereas a certain other Black Eyed Pea has done three series of a certain other UK television singing competition... ;)

She is doing Josh Duhamel - she is winner in my book :p

I wonder is Cheryl still friendly with Will.I.Am

TBH, I don't think Simon will be any big international name for this show

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone's to blame, really - except ITV for keeping the show going beyond its best-before date... ;)

Mel B (Scary Spice) favourite to take 4th judges spot

Mel B (Scary Spice) favourite to take 4th judges spot

No overseas judge this year, then? :eek:

No overseas judge this year, then? :eek:

Lulu Walsh :p

Lulu Walsh :p

All right, then - no judge from outside Britain and Ireland this year? :eek: :D;)

Laura Whitmore is rumoured for job on the Xtra show so is Caroline and Matt gone?

Laura Whitmore is rumoured for job on the Xtra show so is Caroline and Matt gone?

So is bloody Rylan! That's one show I definitely won't be watching a single minute of this year if that's the case!

Well, Caroline has presented it for three years - which, if the past is anything to go by, is the maximum length of time. ;)

But I have to agree with Bopper - if the rumours about R*l*n are true, oh dear... :mad: :(

Looks like finally her debut single and album are getting a release, could be rival for Leona Lewis crown as biggest female star ever from X Factor UK show

• Advertisement

Looks like finally her debut single and album are getting a release, could be rival for Leona Lewis crown as biggest female star ever from X Factor UK show

Well, I think she'd have to become better known than Leona first - and Leona's been in the public eye, or close to it, for nearly eight years... :eek: ;)

(Worth pointing out that despite this, she's still not yet 30. :eek: :D)

Advertisement