Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Loughc wrote: »
    You can bank on him releasing an album of Power Balads alá Mary Byrne within the next year and then fading away after that, expect him to be all but forgotten about in 2 years time.

Yeah,I hope he doesn't go down that predictable route or that almost certainly is what will happen. It's a pity Simon isn't interested in him coz marketed right,he could have a good career given the interest in strong male vocals at the moment. And as Sam Smith said,we need more male divas!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yeah,I hope he doesn't go down that predictable route or that almost certainly is what will happen. It's a pity Simon isn't interested in him coz marketed right,he could have a good career given the interest in strong male vocals at the moment. And as Sam Smith said,we need more male divas!

He might do a Will Young.Remember Cowell wanted Gareth Gates to win and he didnt.I think he can do it if he keeps his feet on the ground.And gets some decent songwriters behind

dubstarr wrote: »
    He might do a Will Young.Remember Cowell wanted Gareth Gates to win and he didnt.I think he can do it if he keeps his feet on the ground.And gets some decent songwriters behind

Yeah that's true. I was delighted Will Young won that time,substance over style. And the fact that he's still doing well now while Gareth Gates has resorted to reality tv proves that a good voice has more longevity than a good image. I love Will Young!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Has anyone managed to make it big without Cowell's help though. Better singers than Andrea have failed to make it big such as Matt Cardle, Shayne Ward and Aiden Grimshaw. Big things were expected of them but they all faded away as Cowell did not back them. Can only see the same happening to Andrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

awwww Garth Gates, remember him, but mostly for the fact he had a stutter. was sad he lost to will young, but over the years it was proven to be the right choice. i enjoy Will young's music. :)

here's hoping that Ben has the same kind of career as Will Young

• Advertisement

Yes love Will Young especially the time he pulled Simon up.Y ou could never call that mediocre haha.Simons face was a picture.

Aidan Grimshaw mightnt be setting the charts alight but he has a solid backing of his fans and does quite well out of it.I loved him he reminded me of Johnny Depp.

i think Matt is still doing well enough as well and shayne Ward has an album coming out in april from what i've read

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Where is Will Young these days his last album was in 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Probably doing musicals or something.
    Aidan Grimshaw mightnt be setting the charts alight but he has a solid backing of his fans and does quite well out of it.I loved him he reminded me of Johnny Depp.

Not the first time I've said it on here but some of Aiden's songs a really good. He definitely knows what his genre is and sticks to it.

• Advertisement

He was touring in the stage musical Cabaret last I saw,dunno if he still is or not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i think Matt is still doing well enough as well and shayne Ward has an album coming out in april from what i've read

Shayne Ward has spet alot of time doing reality TV shows and musicals so I can't imagine his comeback to music will be a huge event and Matt's last Album didn't make top 10 in the UK or top 75 in Ireland.

Yes Shayne was on X Factor last year if i remember.

nothing wrong with doing musicals. they're still singing. sure there are 2 or 3 of s club 7 doing musicals. H from Steps was/is doing musicals in London.

only reason for me knowing this is because one my friends is still a big s club 7 fan. poor guy, he likes taylor swift as well.

nothing wrong with doing musicals. they're still singing. sure there are 2 or 3 of s club 7 doing musicals. H from Steps was/is doing musicals in London.

only reason for me knowing this is because one my friends is still a big s club 7 fan. poor guy, he likes taylor swift as well.

Hahah theres no hope for him then.:D

Hahah theres no hope for him then.:D

nope, its concerning :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

fr336 wrote: »
    Lol

B44-zsmIgAA6eTC.jpg:large

Thanks for posting this pic, it made me laugh so much, and it's so sweet :D

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this pic, it made me laugh so much, and it's so sweet :D

He can lift me like that if he likes.[if he hires a crane first]:D

S Club 7 were brilliant!!!! I still listen to their cd! Them and Steps - cheesetastic! And I love Taylor Swift too! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

S Club 7 were brilliant!!!! I still listen to their cd! Them and Steps - cheesetastic! And I love Taylor Swift too! :-D

Oops just read the whole of the previous post - I'm stupid.

• Advertisement

Im just watching[stalking]Ben on youtube my favourite week has to be AC/DC he really rocked that song.Followed by Ed Sheeran duet and winners single/Demons

I was listening out for him last night but didnt hear him.He always made me smile haha.

I was listening out for him last night but didnt hear him.He always made me smile haha.

Same

Oops just read the whole of the previous post - I'm stupid.

Eh??!!

Eh??!!

Sorry - I did a post then deleted it because I thought you were explicitly comparing Steps and S Club to Taylor rather than only mildly so :p Don't worry about it :D

I think this thread should be renamed "The Ben Haenow Appreciation Society" or BHAS for short.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,276 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are Jedward on the outs with Lulu and Simon as they weren't back for final?

I think this thread should be renamed "The Ben Haenow Appreciation Society" or BHAS for short.

ohhhh can we can we!!!!!! :D
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are Jedward on the outs with Lulu and Simon as they weren't back for final?

honestly don't know, there all boring with their hair down and straightened these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Im just watching[stalking]Ben on youtube my favourite week has to be AC/DC he really rocked that song.Followed by Ed Sheeran duet and winners single/Demons

I may as well have written that post myself I so agree with it.

Advertisement