Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

mikeym wrote: »
    Cheryl Tweedys a genius shes using x factor to promote her perfume and album and all her admirers will buy it.

Yes... a genius.

Desperation, more like.

:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D;);)

Glad to hear that transition year boy wont be coming back to do the xtra factor.

There's no denying that Matt was a bit of an unknown when he got the job.

But his replacement is also a bit of an unknown, even if she is older and has some national radio experience... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Yes... a genius.

Desperation, more like.

Ever since she got booted off the USA X factor she went off the radar.

Everyone will fall in love with her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,276 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mikeym wrote: »
    Cheryl Tweedys a genius shes using x factor to promote her perfume and album and all her admirers will buy it.

Glad to hear that transition year boy wont be coming back to do the xtra factor.

I hope they are a huge failure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

My sisters best friend has gone on through to Boot camp. Haven't heard her sing, but it's nice to see more Irish going through!

Cheryl was on Graham Norton's show this week, she isn't getting on with Lulu already oh what a surprise

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cheryl was on Graham Norton's show this week, she isn't getting on with Lulu already oh what a surprise

And I wouldn't be surprised, either, if she's added Chrissie Hynde to her enemies list. ;)

Wonder if she's still friends with Gary Lightbody? Bearing in mind that she collaborated with his band, and he said that she could actually sing... :rolleyes: ;);)

Leona Lewis is gone from Syco's label too

And again James Arthur giving out he not playing Glastonbury while mediocre acts are http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a581010/james-arthur-hits-out-at-mediocre-glastonbury-acts.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The guy will get paid off handsomely so that it does not go through court. Good on him for sticking up for himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Eyepatch wrote: »
    The guy will get paid off handsomely so that it does not go through court. Good on him for sticking up for himself!

If it is true that he was contacted first and that he was promised that he would be warmly welcomed then fair play to him. Just shows the lengths that this show will go to to get these joke acts.

• Advertisement

Cheryl got booed at bootcamp and Simon butts in and sticks up for her

Source

(Link above contains bootcamp spoilers)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Is it just me or is the gossip a bit quite this year? I thought with Simon being back that it would be making more headlines by now. Or is it too early still?

Brendaõ wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the gossip a bit quite this year? I thought with Simon being back that it would be making more headlines by now. Or is it too early still?

I think even the media is fed up of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It's just the same recycled stories every year to try and pique the public's interest. Arguments between the judges. Contestants claiming the show is fixed. Simon saying that they've found a new boyband to rival One Direction. What are Cheryl and Mel B wearing.

YAWN!

Yet I'm still a little excited for it to start and to see Simon and Cheryl back together, even though they annoy the hell out of me :o

I think even the media is fed up of the show

Remember last year and their successful campaign to get ITV to renew the show for three more years? ;)

As soon as this series gets underway, you can be sure that they'll bombard us with gossip, no matter what...

(Admittedly, they didn't seem too interested in this year's BGT - but then they've never had quite as much interest in that show as they have in XF. ;))

You all know you're going to watch it! Stop complaining... :pac::D:P:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BAAngel

I only watch it because the missus makes me ;-)

To be honest, I'm mostly looking forward to the competition we have here every week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm mostly looking forward to the competition we have here every week.

I'm mostly looking forward to using it as my countdown to Christmas haha :)

It's just the same recycled stories every year to try and pique the public's interest. Arguments between the judges. Contestants claiming the show is fixed. Simon saying that they've found a new boyband to rival One Direction. What are Cheryl and Mel B wearing.

YAWN!

Yet I'm still a little excited for it to start and to see Simon and Cheryl back together, even though they annoy the hell out of me :o

Simon and Lulu back together is the dream partnership :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Cheryl got booed at bootcamp and Simon butts in and sticks up for her

Source

(Link above contains bootcamp spoilers)

Same as the year she let Gamu go in favour of Katie Waissel.

I remember after the final that year, when it was revealed who the judges believed would win the competition at the beginning, 2 out of the 4 had plumped for Gamu, who Cheryl had rejected at judges houses. Her face was a picture!

As I said earlier in the thread, she is Simon's pet and he will favour her acts over anyone else's (saving Katie numerous times, changing the semi final rules to save Cher over Mary etc.) and this is why I was really disheartened to hear about her return, even more than the fact she would be using the show to promote herself as much as her acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm looking forward to hearing the VO guy try to pronounce her new name.

Although I've a feeling she might just go with "Cheryl", like Tulisa did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

You all know you're going to watch it! Stop complaining... :pac::D:P:o

I barely made it through the year James Arthur won and I switched off halfway through the live shows last year.

I don't think any combination of judges can save it. I just think the format has grown stale.

bopper wrote: »
    I barely made it through the year James Arthur won and I switched off halfway through the live shows last year.

I don't think any combination of judges can save it. I just think the format has grown stale.

Wagner return would get ratings up :p

Rylan is rumoured to be co hosting Xtra live shows

Rylan is rumoured to be co hosting Xtra live shows

That rumour is four months old. ;)

Here's what Bopper said when it first come out:
    bopper wrote: »
    So is bloody Rylan! That's one show I definitely won't be watching a single minute of this year if that's the case!

That rumour is four months old. ;)

Here's what Bopper said when it first come out:

The new Xtra Factor female host Sarah something is to have a co host for the live shows so Rylan is the name rumoured

The new Xtra Factor female host Sarah something is to have a co host for the live shows so Rylan is the name rumoured

I'd feel sorry for Sarah-Jane if she had to have Rylan as a co-host.

Her biggest claim to fame before now, lest we forget, is presenting on BBC Radio 1Xtra.

I don't know whether or not she's a Rylan fan - but I know that if I was a relative unknown and I was chosen as the new host of a big TV show, only to then find I had to host it alongside someone like Rylan, it would be a bit like a knife in the back... :mad: :mad: :(:( :rolleyes: :o

The X Factor will return on Saturday, August 30, ITV has confirmed

The X Factor will return on Saturday, August 30, ITV has confirmed

9 days? Is it normally this short of a notice?

• Advertisement

9 days? Is it normally this short of a notice?

Not sure why ITV have only now confirmed the start date, but August 30 had been suggested for at least three weeks beforehand.

Advertisement