Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I remember this posh girl Chloe from The Face UK. She's absolutely infuriating, she was a complete drama queen and attention seeker on that show and her accent is dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

thought that was rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh I'm sorry but that last guy was crap?!? He basically just shouted the words?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Jesus this thread used to be impossible to follow there were that many posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Jesus this thread used to be impossible to follow there were that many posts

It's only the first week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Decided to start watching again with Simon and Cheryl back on the judging panel this year. Pretty crap opening episode talent wise, but hopefully the auditions will pick up. The dynamic between the judges is at the best it has ever been though, so worth sticking with it for them alone.

Yeah I'm loving the panel so far. I'm so glad to be rid of dull Gary. It's great to have Simon back I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Not sure whether I was watching the X Factor or the Cheryl Cole show there. We had the neverending slobbering fan adulation, the predictable tears and the usual pretendy bickering with Simon. Nausea inducing stuff.

As for the actual singers, I thought the twins were actually vocally quite strong, but uber annoying and I really liked Chloe's voice. She did remind me a bit of Kitty Brucknell though, personality wise.
    The chinese ladies and the guy on the keyboard were hilarious!

Hopefully Louis and Mel B get a bit more screentime next week, if the producers can find their way out of the luminous geordie's arse for more than two minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Yeah I'm loving the panel so far. I'm so glad to be rid of dull Gary. It's great to have Simon back I have to say.

Louis as well for me, he's a bit of fun at least. And Cheryl is the female judge I like the most, though I hate when she plays overly-sentimental. I'm not sure sure about Mel B, Sharon might have been better. I don't dislike her, but she hasn't distinguished her personality for me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

are we really going to have to deal with cheryl and the dramatic crying? sigh although i will admit there was one that got me to be honest, they were that good.

i looked at xtra-factor for 2 mins & turned off. ugh i seriously miss olly murs :(

• Advertisement

I actually liked Sarah Jane on Xtra Factor. I didn't watch it at all last year. You would miss Olly but SJ is great with the contestants and isn't annoyingly hyper like Caroline. The live shows will obviously be the real test but I hope she does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Just getting the chance now to have a look at last night's episode. It wasn't really that good talent wise but the three that stood out for me were the young lad singing latch, the girl from 2008 and the guy from the navy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I actually liked Sarah Jane on Xtra Factor. I didn't watch it at all last year. You would miss Olly but SJ is great with the contestants and isn't annoyingly hyper like Caroline. The live shows will obviously be the real test but I hope she does well.

Well, the reception to her debut seems to be generally positive.

Of course, it won't be until at least the fifth week before we can properly determine her Xtra Factor presenter popularity ranking - whether she's up there with Caroline, or down there with Konnie, or somewhere in between. ;)

Regardless, I still hope they don't bring in R*l*n mid-series, to take over some of her duties... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I usually have not watched Xtra Factor, but so far, I'm liking Sarah Jane.

Is that posh bird gonna be shoved down our throats for the whole series?

I hate those cheesy opening montages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

That guy is hilarious!!

Seriously? Was it really necessary to spend 5 mins of the show on one guy only for him to be crap? And not even funny. This is completely and utterly pointless. Ugh....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I swear if they put him through..

Seriously? Was it really necessary to spend 5 mins of the show on one guy only for him to be crap? And not even funny. This is completely and utterly pointless. Ugh....

We have completely different opinions of Stevie!! lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Male stacey solomon only he can't sing

We have completely different opinions of Stevie!! lol :D

Haha I saw your post after I posted and I was like "god I'm getting old and cynical" :o

Ads already!! :rolleyes:

Haha I saw your post after I posted and I was like "god I'm getting old and cynical" :o

I dunno about that!! I thought he was funny but I don't know why they put him through!! Maybe someone to laugh at in the next round??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I remember this posh girl Chloe from The Face UK. She's absolutely infuriating, she was a complete drama queen and attention seeker on that show and her accent is dreadful.

Thank you, it was wrecking my head where I'd seen her before. I knew I hated her as soon as she came on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

"I know what you're thinking. Little Mix?"

Oh dear.

I love this couple :D:D

Knew they'd ask her to go solo but I actually liked their audition. She should go alone though, she has a good voice and she's gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

:eek: I saw about 2 minutes of her before I had to change channels. She looks like some bizarre female Michael Jackson wannabe and extremely annoying. I will not watch any more of the Xtra factor, 2 minutes of her were more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I'm watching about 15 mins behind. Are they just putting people through who have nice personalities. I watched a bit of Xtra Factor earlier, a duo and a girl were both put through because of personality. Simon even said the girl couldn't sing. :confused:

Advertisement