Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (NON Spoiler Discussion Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Vocal talent aside, they're only going to succeed if they can match that up with personality. They have to be "unique" or they will not get anywhere. That's entertainment! And that's why I can understand the judges putting so many so-called "joke acts" through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I was just thinking today. When we start up this years boards voting competition, we should also do what the judges do and put down who we think is going to win the show overall. It would be really interesting to see if any of us get it right. Maybe we can call it when we do the first vote, or is that too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

The judges usually do it before judges houses iirc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

What was up with that wee girl hugging cheryl?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I was just thinking today. When we start up this years boards voting competition, we should also do what the judges do and put down who we think is going to win the show overall. It would be really interesting to see if any of us get it right. Maybe we can call it when we do the first vote, or is that too late?

Good idea for bonus points! We should do it at the same time as the judges do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The boards voting comp was the main reason I stayed watching last year.

Good idea gavmcg92.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I don't mind running it again this year, enjoyed it last year!

Totally going to ... not come in the bottom 5 this year! :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just catching up now as I was abroad. The blonde sisters were extremely annoying! The guy who sang "Say Something" - he absolutely butchered the song and all of the judges said he was amazing, are they deaf?!

Finding the show overly fake this year and completely scripted and posed in every way. Still going to watch it though...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Monife wrote: »
    Just catching up now as I was abroad. The blonde sisters were extremely annoying! The guy who sang "Say Something" - he absolutely butchered the song and all of the judges said he was amazing, are they deaf?!

Finding the show overly fake this year and completely scripted and posed in every way. Still going to watch it though...

Have to say this is EXACTLY how I'm feeling about the show. I'm def going to keep watching but it seems more staged and fake this year and the acts they're praising don't seem that good at all!

It's time the show is put to pasture and wait a couple of years and return with a new formatted singing show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Loughc wrote: »
    Have to say this is EXACTLY how I'm feeling about the show. I'm def going to keep watching but it seems more staged and fake this year and the acts they're praising don't seem that good at all!

It's time the show is put to pasture and wait a couple of years and return with a new formatted singing show.

Have to agree with this as well.

It also seems to be aimed at making Cheryl come across as the down to earth sweetheart too.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,280 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cheryl and Mel B are "supposedly" teaming up on a song to debut on live shows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cheryl and Mel B are "supposedly" teaming up on a song to debut on live shows

I think I speak for most viewers when I say - Yawn!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

At this stage, would it not make more sense for the producers to cut the nonsense and simply have an actual singing competition? Would seriously digress from recent years...
    I'll still watch this year but the drama is overhyped to a premium currently and only bodes dreadfully for boot camp/judges houses/live shows....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Alas, this is the first year of a three-year contract - which ITV will more than likely see out.

Just as Channel 4 saw out their final three-year contract with Endemol for Big Brother (2008-10), even though they didn't particularly want to...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Didn't realise they signed a 3 year contract.

I wonder will the final year be a Champion of Champions edition.

Didn't realise they signed a 3 year contract.

I wonder will the final year be a Champion of Champions edition.

Just like the hunger games? Well that would be lethal! What's the bets Shayne Ward would win that. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Just like the hunger games? Well that would be lethal! What's the bets Shayne Ward would win that. :P

Steve Brookstein FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Delighted Paul is back auditioning this year, can't believe Louis disnt pick him to go through at judges houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

This one is great

• Advertisement

Wow the thread didn't get much loving tonight. Shame as I thought tonight's episode was better than last weeks two episodes combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Some great people on tonights episode. Definitely people in there that I can root for.

I thought the youth worker who wrote the song for her sister was amazing. Ticked all the boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Haven't watched the show yet this year but caught up on youtube. Paul and Andrea seem to stand out, though I can see much more mileage in the former.

Kitty and the Hip, how contrived was that? A masterclass in making someone who is probably just average look much better than she actually is.

Blonde Electric were purposefully annoying but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I was actually enthralled by them. They are kind of talented, and it's a shame that they're doing their female jedward schtick as there's no need.

As for Linzi, that was brutal in more ways than one. I'd just hope she auditioned based on her own will rather than being coerced into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I enjoyed last night's episode. There were some good singers in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Cheryl crywatch; Week 2: Cheryl manages to squeeze another one out whilst listening to some average rapper warbling on about her sister. Apparantly Cheryl has a sister too and this fact is just too much for her to bear. Despite Mel B also having a sister, she manages to remain composed.

Louis visibilitywatch; Week 2: Producers featured Louis uttering at least four sentences during this week's show. An improvement! They also threw him a line by showing him mouthing the lyrics of 'No Diggity'. No sound came out, though. This is because Louis is only allowed a quota of four lines to say per episode because it may cut into Cheryl's really really interesting comments and anyway, it's not as if Louis has a perfume or album to promote or anything.

Great to see (a much fitter looking) Paul Akister back. Louis made a big mistake letting him go last year, even if he wouldn't admit it.

The fishmonger girl at the end was also a standout. LOVED her grandparents :)

Her grandparents were adorable!! Tell them we think you're the best thing since sliced bread haha! So proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just catching up on the show now. Lots of good singers in the boys category. Good to see Paul back this year. Simon annoyed me with his comment "well I'm here this year". Fair play to Louis he had his reasons for not putting Paul through last year so he has nothing to apologise for. Paul has comeback with more confidence, singing better and looking a lot fitter. Getting a knock back last year may have done him a world of good. It didn't do Alexandra Burke any harm, she came back stronger and won the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Paul was brilliant and looked great. No one mentioned the weight loss at all. Hope he wins it. Couldn't understand why Louis sent him home last year. Lola the fishmonger was great. I can see that rapper singing about her sister being trouble. Mark my words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Some great people on tonights episode. Definitely people in there that I can root for.

I thought the youth worker who wrote the song for her sister was amazing. Ticked all the boxes.

That's good. I'll watch it so as I missed it last night. With the low post count here and last weeks shows being a bit crap i was gonna skip it.

• Advertisement

Really good show last night. Watching it through now and I have to admit that I'm really enjoying myself. The panel seems to work. They all click and bounce off each other, especially Mel B. I was a bit iffy about her in ep 1 and 2 but she was great last night.

This guy stole the show last night for me. He's current and has a really cool voice.

Also great to see Paul back. I know a lot of you guys here loved him.

Advertisement