Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer & wine

Options
  • 09-02-2014 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm a vegetarian and I have only had one beer. A corona extra

I'm wondering can we compile a list if what bear and wine is suitable for vegetarians. As I'm not sure

Thabks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Try Barnivore: http://www.barnivore.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Buy your wine in Aldi, they're the only place currently (that I know of) actually putting it on the label of the bottle as suitable for vegetarians (just check when you're buying- they're not ALL vegetarian.) I really like this one, it's delicious.

There's a decent selection of beers available too; barnivore, as mentioned by Cosmic, is good for checking. I find a lot of Asian beers are vegetarian and taste way nicer than Carlsberg or Heineken etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

+1 for Barnivore.com

Also, Marks & Spencer label their wines as being suitable for vegetarians or suitable for vegans, where appropriate. Very handy. You can also get a list of products suitable for vegetarians (or vegans) from them. I'm not sure if it's on their website or if you need to email for it, but they update it regularly.

Advertisement