Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 10-2-14

• 10-02-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

20140207_Light_HP_5ptPreview_KaneBryan.jpg

(It has been a week, and the WWE Universe is still cheering over Daniel Bryan’s grueling victory over Randy Orton. Yet even though the former WWE Champion made a strong case for himself as the new “Face of WWE,” it’s a face from Bryan’s past – Kane’s – who may prove to be his undoing. While Bryan sorts out his issues with WWE’s monstrous Director of Operations, Randy Orton faces his next challenge, and the one and only Betty White drops by for this week’s Raw.)

wwe.com are focusing on the following 5 points

1. Face lift (When Triple H and Stephanie McMahon said Daniel Bryan could be the new "Face of WWE" if he beat Randy Orton, they probably didn’t expect him to actually win. Still, he pulled it off, and now The Authority has some uncomfortable decisions to make. With Orton finding new reasons to complain week in and week out, and Bryan making good on his promises, might the corporate power actually consider putting a beard on WWE’s face?)

2. Somebody's gonna get it (It has been about a month since the WWE Universe last saw Mark Henry, whose elbow was both dislocated and fractured after the former World Champion threw hands against Brock Lesnar. Now, though, The World’s Strongest Man is all healed up and ready to roll. Who’s the first check-in to the reopened Hall of Pain?)

3. Betty White! (Yep, that Betty White. The legendary comedian is headed to Raw as this week’s guest star, and shenanigans are sure to unfold when the famously outspoken “Hot in Cleveland” star meets the always interesting WWE locker room. Personally, we’re hoping she runs into Goldust in the first five minutes, but let’s face it: There’s no way this isn’t going to end up awesome.)

4. Pick your poison (t’s a rough time to be WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Randy Orton –under orders from The Authority to go through each of his Elimination Chamber opponents one-by-one – is batting .500 after losing to Daniel Bryan on Raw and beating Christian on SmackDown. Next up for the Champion of Champions is John Cena, who’s dominant on his worst day and has never quite repaid Orton for beating up his father. Will the payback be too much for The Apex Predator to stand?)

5. Hell (no) to pay? (Of all the things that could derail the “YES!” Movement, Daniel Bryan probably never expected Kane to be among them. The former WWE Tag Team Champions seem to have finally come to their long-awaited loggerheads, with The Devil’s Favorite Director of Operations attacking Bryan after his win over Orton on Monday, and costing him a match against Antonio Cesaro on SmackDown. Will Raw bring about another confrontation between the two? Safe to say hugging it out won’t fix their problems this time around.)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cena vs Orton.

Better have something up their sleeve, cause that has potential for a rowdy crowd to take over...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cena vs Orton.

Better have something up their sleeve, cause that has potential for a rowdy crowd to take over...

Not Cena vs. Orton AGAIN... Personally i hope the crowd will **** on their match a la the Royal Rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not Cena vs. Orton AGAIN... Personally i hope the crowd will **** on their match a la the Royal Rumble

Well he does have to face everyone in singles matches that will be in the Chamber. Their RR match wasn't that bad at all, imo.

In fairness, they put on decent matches. The problem is this is the 1000th time they are fighting.

Didn't they even have a stip matcha. While back billed as "their last ever match against each other"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cena vs Orton.

I'd guess the Wyatts will come after Cena again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

When they announced that on Smackdown it dragged down that show for me such was how much of a downer it was.
    Have Cesaro & Bryan run out & get Teddy Long to come out then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm surprised they didnt keep that match until the go home show. Despite it happening so often, it is literally the biggest match they have in terms of full timers. Seems like they should give it a bit more build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Orton vs Cena AGAIN????

I thought this guest host **** was finished with?

Betty White?? Cant wait for some humorous skits tonight :rolleyes:

This is on some of the news sites
    Zeb Colter and Steve Austin are recording an interview for Austin's podcast this afternoon. It appears Austin is headed to the Staples Center in Los Angeles, the site of tonight's RAW.

A chance of glass shatter tonight???

• Advertisement

It'd be amazing if he came out and stunnered the **** out of Betty White.

Have him publically call out Punk. see if that gets him back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have him publically call out Punk. see if that gets him back.

That should do it and be a hell of a match up too.

Oh if we hear a glass shatter tonight, please jebus let it happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Please somebody injure Kane to get him the **** out of this storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Am I the only one looking forward to Betty White?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jester252 wrote: »
    Am I the only one looking forward to Betty White?

Yes.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes.

Ye all jelly

Honestly don't really know who she is, so expect stuff to go over my head. I also hate when WWE have "comedians" on cause either they try jokes which don't work for the audience or WWE script horrible jokes for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lesnar to F5 Betty "Dana's Ma" White through a table and write her out before she goes to ROH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Honestly don't really know who she is, so expect stuff to go over my head. I also hate when WWE have "comedians" on cause either they try jokes which don't work for the audience or WWE script horrible jokes for them...

She is one of the golden girls and must be about 100 now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Betty White still a thing? I thought the fad of having her in everything was over long ago.

Wonder if she'll be in Mae Young type skits.

Good to know i'm not the only one who doesn't know who Betty White is

They would surely advertise that.

It'd pop a massive rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Good to know i'm not the only one who doesn't know who Betty White is

Don't worry, I didn't know either. Hell I didn't know who Garth Brooks was until last week.

FTW :cool:

As for tonight, looking forward to the main event, Cena/Orton always delivers, and also looking forward to seeing the ongoing feud of ADR/Batista, and Shield/Wyatts. Daniel Bryan/Kane is way down the list for me.....

I know her name. That's about it. I probably wouldnt recognize her if she was standing in front of me. But, the same could be said for 99% of the "guest hosts".

Speaking of which, why do they need a guest host when they have Stephanie, Triple H, Kane, Maddox and Vickie as authority figures?

Cuz Betty White is their boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder if she'll be in Mae Young type skits.

maybe Mae Young (R.I.P.) was originally booked for tonight, and Vince thought "lets get Betty White instead, most people won't notice the difference"

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Will be watching this tonight.. Missed the last two weeks.. It's like losing track of time.

• Advertisement

I'm up early tomorrow. After getting out of the habit lately too so it was never happening tonight for me.

Crowd chanting CM Punk, and Cole says on the mic, ''how about go away''. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTFO

So who the **** is Betty White?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm up early tomorrow. After getting out of the habit lately too so it was never happening tonight for me.

:(:( Your wifey will not be pleased! :p

Damn this crowd is hot for DB.

Then again, they all are.

Just spotted a 'CM WHO' sign in the crowd :D:D

• Advertisement

Steph is amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They booked the hijacking of Orton and Cena by giving Bryan the night. WWE are control freaks/geniuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Huge "star" at Raw tonight!!
    Tanya Tate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

langer91 wrote: »
    Huge "star" at Raw tonight!!
    Tanya Tate

????

????

Check her twitter page!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

????

She did Ireland in a caravan a few years ago with Wexford hurler Greg Jacob

She did Ireland in a caravan a few years ago with Wexford hurler Greg Jacob

Ya thats the one! Shes tweeting live updates/pics during the show. Mentioned getting it on with Sheamus in one of them

I really liked that finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Impressive by the wyatts

New US champ on the way

Hm...could it even be Reigns?

Mark Henry maybe? Or Kofi?

Enough guesses i'll get it right eventually.

It will be Reigns has to be after that promo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

that I Quit match from 2009 was awesome to be fair.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

poor emma

edit: oh wait at least summer rae will be there too

the end of wrestling :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement