Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 10-2-14

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Yep, that is definitely the way wrestling feuds should make you feel all the time. That and the Chamber are really making EC a very attractive prospective. Add in Usos vs NAO, Naomi vs AJ Lee and it should be a decent PPV

Don't forget Del Rio and Batista.

The match we all want to see.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Don't forget Del Rio and Batista.

The match we all want to see.

:pac::pac::pac:
    Oh yeah, been waiting a whole 4 years for this one so I have! I can stop watching wrestling after that one cause I will have seen it all haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Struggling here

Those are some loud boring chants.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I'm sure glad Bryan isn't wrestling tonight. Prepare for this to be on the best of raw 2014 DVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

What I said earlier about Cena? Yeah, forget that. Fcuking same old Cena, get beat up for 95% of the match and then win. It is really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I feel a fool for watching that main event. Cena has always telegraphed kicking out of pins so early. Warrior level false finish. Then when he instantly hit his finish in return and orton kicked out I realised they think they had a good match at the rumble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The match knackered me out but I have to say it ended really well so I enjoyed it.

So are we upset about Christain's new gimmick?

D6lDD5J.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gif from The Wyatt Family vs. Cody & Goldust & Rey Mysterio

5x1nAkU.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was a real diverse Raw in terms of good and bad.

Some good fresh matches, with The Shield dissention furthered, Sheamus/Christian vs TRA being really good.

Orton vs Cena....well, I skipped over most of it. Had hoped the ending would be something, but no, another clean loss for the champion on Raw. Nothing to redeem himself.

The Lita highlight package was weird; just utterly ignored half of her career.

Ziggler losing so quickly, and then the guy who beat him easily getting beaten down quite easily, was frustrating.

Placing Bryan in the opening segement AND the segment fight before the main event is incredibly intelligent, since it means the fans won't be crying out as much for him.

And I wonder what the casual fan thinks has happened Punk; just disappeared from TV and the crowd chanting for him continuously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And I wonder what the casual fan thinks has happened Punk; just disappeared from TV and the crowd chanting for him continuously.

Remember when people used to chant "We Want Hardy" after the whole Edge Lita thing came to light. Ah.... all the money in the world wouldn't be able to get a pro-Matt Hardy chant going again haha!

It will die down, once they get through Chicago :pac:

Show goes on, etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

The Lita highlight package was weird; just utterly ignored half of her career.

Ugh.

Michael Hayes: "She had a vagina! :)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

not sure Orton needed a clean loss but to be fair match was fine although totally not needed in 2014.

If they want to do Orton v Batista for Mania, they are not going about it the right way. Batista killing a heatless Del Rio and Orton been booked like a snivelling nerd who loses left right and centre does not equal a money match.

Either that has to be changed, someone else is inserted or the writers will really have to step their game up to make that worthwhile, and nope I don't think covering Evolution territory will work in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rjd2 wrote: »
    not sure Orton needed a clean loss but to be fair match was fine although totally not needed in 2014.

If they want to do Orton v Batista for Mania, they are not going about it the right way. Batista killing a heatless Del Rio and Orton been booked like a snivelling nerd who loses left right and centre does not equal a money match.

Either that has to be changed, someone else is inserted or the writers will really have to step their game up to make that worthwhile, and nope I don't think covering Evolution territory will work in 2014.

Especially since a huge chunk of the current audience probably weren't even born when Evolution were around, which is kinda mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

krudler wrote: »
    Especially since a huge chunk of the current audience probably weren't even born when Evolution were around, which is kinda mental.

only 20% of wwes current audience are 18 or younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rossie1977 wrote: »
    only 20% of wwes current audience are 18 or younger.

Really? interesting thought it would be way more than that. My nephew is 10 and he's getting into it in a big way, he'd know more about the current episodes and storylines that I would, have given him some old ppvs and stuff too (nothing too violent though) so he's at least aware of a time pre-Cena. He likes Randy Savage's matches and finds Hulk Hogan boring, teaching him well :pac:

Just before the show started

I'd be pissed off with the chants as well seeing as though Punk QUIT.

BTW what was that **** video with the Bella twins explaining how to get the network?

Plug your console in and put the HD cable into the back of your TV. You don't say!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BTW what was that **** video with the Bella twins explaining how to get the network?

Plug your console in and put the HD cable into the back of your TV. You don't say!!

Well just in case you don't know how to download the WWE App here's a video to help you out. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Seth Rollins responds to CM Punk chants by cutting a Sable promo -

http://www.wwe.com/videos/mark-henry-vs-dean-ambrose-continues-wwe-app-exclusive-feb-10-2014-26181255

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wonder what CSF and gfnrhead make of the Wyatt's now :P but seriously, this is one of the best feuds in WWE in quite some time and is already an early contender for feud of the year.

They are still an absolute waste of time. Only Harper is up to much. Wyatt and especially Rowan are woeful.

You could put the Shield against Khali, Hornswoggle and El Torrito and it would be great. The Wyatt's are simply along for the ride while adding nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wonder what CSF and gfnrhead make of the Wyatt's now :P but seriously, this is one of the best feuds in WWE in quite some time and is already an early contender for feud of the year.
    I still think they are crap, but I won't lie, this is a feud I wanted to see and am excited by it, mostly because up til now any 6 man tag the Shield had to feud with was just a patched together threesome (wahey) with no real reason to be together other than all being face.

This does seem to be the perfect final feud for the Shield before they go feud with each other.

Still think 2 of the Wyatts are terrible in the ring though and the samey promos bore me to tears.

Bray vs Cena will be a difficult watch. Cena is grand at putting on a good match with a really competent wrestler but I don't think Cena can carry Bray to a good match the way Bryan did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I know this was probably posted before but it's kinda shocking! Go to 58 seconds in and tell me what you think of this. Could there be consequences on Rollins bringing up CM Punk over the PA!?

http://vimeo.com/86385135

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Omackeral wrote: »
    I know this was probably posted before but it's kinda shocking! Go to 58 seconds in and tell me what you think of this. Could there be consequences on Rollins bringing up CM Punk over the PA!?

http://vimeo.com/86385135

It was a deliberate strategy to get the chant going during the break so it would have died down by the time they're back live according to Meltzer. Also gets heat on Ambrose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay that whole Shield/Wyatts stand off had me hooked. I knew someone would back down but since it's 2 heel teams(although Shield has face type members) I wasn't sure who would back down or how it would end.

So with the way things are going, how is Kane going to screw Bryan out of the EC match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So with the way things are going, how is Kane going to screw Bryan out of the EC match?

Attack him before he enters.. comes up through the floor... instructs the ref to screw Bryan... plenty of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Shield vs The Wyatts face off on Raw.......... That's goin to be one hell of a match at Elimination Chamber

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Attack him before he enters.. comes up through the floor... instructs the ref to screw Bryan... plenty of options.

Yea can see him coming up from under the ring like HBK/Taker a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

Could be neat if Korporate Kane attaked Bryan from under the pod itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Real Americans tag match with Seamus and Christian was awesome
    Somebody said it earlier about a feud with Se and Cesaro ,I think it would be fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Real Americans tag match with Seamus and Christian was awesome
    Somebody said it earlier about a feud with Se and Cesaro ,I think it would be fantastic

They had a tidy enough match last year, think it was on a Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Seamo while stuck with an awful gimmick, always puts on a good show

Advertisement