Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock for sale - where?

Options
  • 10-02-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm an online retailer and have some stock that I want to get rid of. Does anyone know where I could advertise it to get rid of it, preferably as a job lot? It's not selling on my website as I don't have the funds to advertise my website anymore. Would really just like to get rid of the stuff and I will probably close down my website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

DoneDeal or Adverts might be worth a shot.

What sort of is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Abouttime

Bags & shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

What kind of quantity are you talking about? Could you pm me the website please

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have you considered putting the entire operation up for sale, stock and website? You might get a better price for a complete turnkey operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

Abouttime wrote: »
    I'm an online retailer and have some stock that I want to get rid of. Does anyone know where I could advertise it to get rid of it, preferably as a job lot? It's not selling on my website as I don't have the funds to advertise my website anymore. Would really just like to get rid of the stuff and I will probably close down my website.

Hi can you pm me pics and prices thanks

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    Have you considered putting the entire operation up for sale, stock and website? You might get a better price for a complete turnkey operation.

I'd love to but as I haven't made any money to date due to all the set up costs and I haven't been able to advertise it on Google I'm not sure anyone would be interested. But I have put a lot of money into it so anyone who buys it wouldn't have to worry about web design or suppliers as I can give them my suppliers details.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Abouttime wrote: »
    I'd love to but as I haven't made any money to date due to all the set up costs and I haven't been able to advertise it on Google I'm not sure anyone would be interested. But I have put a lot of money into it so anyone who buys it wouldn't have to worry about web design or suppliers as I can give them my suppliers details.

I'd certainly give that a try before having a firesale and dumping the site.

I have had a lot of interest in buying the business which is great. Can anyone help with what information I need to provide to potential buyers so I can put together a snapshot of the business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

i was one of the people who pm'd you....

from my point of view if I were buying a business (having bought and sold in the past) I would be interested in the following:

levels of stock available (and cost value of it ex VAT)
    total sales (also what level of returns have you had)
    cost of sales
    provide financial statements going back to the beginning
    how do you retain customers through the site?
    advertising costs to date?
    why you are looking to sell

this all might seem like overkill, and most of it is not necessary if someone is just buying the stock but these are the types of questions that people will ask

Thanks Retailer. I will be back with information later today.

• Advertisement

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back about this. I've replied to all the emails sent to me so if you haven't received any information from me yet can you let me know. Thanks.

Advertisement