Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What needed to set up a business?

Options
  • 10-02-2014 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Let's say I have an office to move into and rent is good and very affordable, what else is needed? I know insurance of course but what would that cost?

The business would basically be repairing all kinds of phones and laptops/pc's and also unlocking phones along with some other side stuff I have in mind... Just stuck with the setting it up side a bit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

There is no legal requirement to hold insurance, but in your business, professional indemnity insurance is highly recommended to cover botched jobs etc. If you have customers coming on-site, public liability insurance also worth investing in for piece of mind. Maybe also fire/theft to cover customer devices in the event of same.

If trading under a name other than your own personal name, you'll need to register the business name with the CRO. If forming a limited company, there is a small bit more work required to form a legal entity.

Taxation and finance issues (both personal and corporate) are commonly asked here also, but these vary hugely from scenario to scenario, so you are based placed seeking professional advice from an accountant or tax consultant.

Advertisement