Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 - Printer Offline

• 10-02-2014 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Whatever I did was not intentional but I cannot print from Word. There is a message that "Printer is not responding".

The screen that I get when I choose Print shows "Printer Offline" and clicking on this does not provide options.

Online searches have not provided any assistance that I can progress.

I would really appreciate assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Where you previously able to print to the printer? If so have you recently installed any updates which may have changed the printer driver?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What type of printer is it? (Make & model)
    How are you connecting to it?
    Is it happening to all user accounts on your computer?
    Is it happening on other computers?
    Are you on the latest driver?
    Have you restarted your computer since the problem started happening, and did it make a difference?
    Have you restarted the printer since the problem started happening, and did it make a differece?
    Are you able to print from other applications?

Advertisement