Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Lecturer. Not teaching

• 10-02-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi First year student and really cant sit in another lecture with this teacher. She stands for 2 hours each week and reads out over 120 slids, it was 150 last week. No interaction, wont allow questioning. At the tuturiols thought ok, now able to ask questions. She handed out journal article and told us read it. She stood there for one hour and did not help, at the end she just said ok go now. I was like what. Dont know what to do. Going through slides myself and able to read the past exam papers, any help with this would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I'd suggest talking to your course leader or the SU Academic Officer, Paddy Rocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Like the previous poster said, take this up with the Course Director in the first instance, and if they don't help, go to the Head of Department. Talk to your classmates too about this - if this lecturer is truly as bad as you say, there will be others with similar complaints and many voices make much more impact than one.

I'd suggest using the SU as a last resort if you're getting nowhere with the department reporting structure.

• Site Banned Posts: 19 Reptile_

name and shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

A. What's the course/degree?

B. Welcome to University, you will get people who are terrible at lecturing.

C. A lecture is a lecture; the tutorials is when you ask questions. It's up to the lecturer to allow questions or not.

D. This is why attendance in university is low

E. The exam is usually easy from a lecturer of that type (usually a pattern or hints during lectures)

Advertisement