Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit on my credit card

Options
  • 10-02-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Good morning!  I recently paid off the total balance of my BOI credit card, however in doing so, it appears I paid too much as in the banking 365 it shows that I have a credit, or -50 to be exact. 

Am I interpreting this correct?  If so, how does it work, ie do I spend €50 on it interest free and without paying a bill?  Can I transfer it to my checking account?  

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Good morning!  I recently paid off the total balance of my BOI credit card, however in doing so, it appears I paid too much as in the banking 365 it shows that I have a credit, or -50 to be exact. 

Am I interpreting this correct?  If so, how does it work, ie do I spend €50 on it interest free and without paying a bill?  Can I transfer it to my checking account?  

Thanks for your help.
    Just means you can spend €50 without owing the bank anything.

Hope this helps/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi blapabrew22,[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thank you for contacting us on boards.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]You are indeed interpreting this correctly, once your credit card account is active and in credit you can make purchases to this amount interest free. Should you wish to have these funds transferred back to your current account, please contact our Credit Card Services team on 0818 251 251 where a representative will be more than happy to organise this for you.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]We hope this clarifies this for you, if we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Paula C[/font]

Advertisement