Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 break at The Heritage Golf & Spa resort to be won, thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

When she organised my surprise birthday party and I didn't have a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

When my parents brought us to howth every summer sunday for chips and some rainy thursdays for chats.... and when Mr Right brought me to the same spot at Christmas, got down on one knee..... and asked me to marry him...

well, I know he had listened... and the new batch of memories began !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Mrs Roadrunner has been away on holiday for the last two weeks with her friend, but has been skyping in daily which has been nice. It would be great to have a lovely break at the heritage with her when she returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Clare rocks

When my wife didn't kick up and gave me consent to watch the Ireland/Scotland rugby match with the lads (few pints).. while she entertained our two toddlers.  Its the small things in life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Surprise "get well soon" flowers from a great friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Feel cared for when people send text messages when you are under the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

This morning when I was served breakfast in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BonoVox

Hi everyone,

St Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to show someone that you love and care about them - and help create simultaneous good vibes around the world!

It is of course associated mostly with romance, but showing anyone at all how much you appreciate them is commonplace on St Valentine's Day too: a very significant number of Valentine's cards/gifts are received by children, parents, teachers... and even pets!

To mark the event, we're giving away a €500 voucher for a break at the gorgeous Heritage Golf & Spa resort in Killenard, Co. Laois... not far from where Electric Picnic is held!

2a841bb8-fdf9-4776-9962-14aa15cc81c1_zps3a8355e4.jpg

To enter this competition: Share a moment when you felt really cared for and appreciated! :)

The competition runs until Monday 17th February and the winner will be chosen randomly (see our terms and conditions).

All the best,
    The Electric Ireland team
    After doing an 18-hour day yesterday, got a lovely lie-in and cup of tea this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

When my hubby gave me his last rolo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭roroduff

When my mammy made me soup and tucked me into bed when I had a terrible cold, even though I'm 30 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 AnnaBooBoo

Hi everyone,

St Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to show someone that you love and care about them - and help create simultaneous good vibes around the world!

It is of course associated mostly with romance, but showing anyone at all how much you appreciate them is commonplace on St Valentine's Day too: a very significant number of Valentine's cards/gifts are received by children, parents, teachers... and even pets!

To mark the event, we're giving away a €500 voucher for a break at the gorgeous Heritage Golf & Spa resort in Killenard, Co. Laois... not far from where Electric Picnic is held!

2a841bb8-fdf9-4776-9962-14aa15cc81c1_zps3a8355e4.jpg

To enter this competition: Share a moment when you felt really cared for and appreciated! :)

The competition runs until Monday 17th February and the winner will be chosen randomly (see our terms and conditions).

All the best,
    The Electric Ireland team
    When I was in the states on my own for a year and I got a package from mammy dearest. Just seeing her writing had me in the floods! She didn't pack a bag of chips and irish sausages though but I still love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

When I made myself a coffee this morning, I really appreciated myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

When she gave me a handmade scarf a week after I said I was cold walking with her. 

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mr_Andy

when my other half has a nice hot sudsy bath waiting for me when i get home from a 13 hour shift, lights turned down and a nice glass of wine make it even more special. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 summerloving

I feel this all the time but the one that sticks out in my head is when we were first together as young teenagers, he walked 3 miles to my house at 6am in the freezing cold and left a teddy bear, roses and chocolates outside my door before I went to school on Valentine's Day. Very cute.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

When my wife looked after a pretty much housebound me without a single complaint for 11 weeks last year when a minor op turned out to be a bigger deal and left me pretty much immobilised.  Either that or when she sat through Gremlins with me at Christmas and didn't let herself nod off despite not enjoying it and thinking I was a weirdo for loving it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I had a pretty bad flu last week which left me with no energy for nearly a week. I was in bed for four days. My partner was so kind & thoughtful buying me magazines, bringing me drinks & food to bed & not once complaining & all the time really concerned. I think I'll keep him for another while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

When my wife left me a bottle of 12 year old single malt and vintage 50's "Don Draper" style whiskey tumblers in the room myself and my groomsmen were getting ready in I knew I was marrying the right woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I was moving to a new role (in the same company) last week, and my manager gave a speech to my team. Made all the frustration and stress over the past year in the role seem worth it, knowing I was appreciated so much. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Arriving home after a 14 hour shift to a nice meal and a foot rub and my favourite tv show. Some man. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

When my new girlfriend had a lovely txt message waiting for me when I landed after a 14 hour flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Day 2 of Glastonbury festival last year - started coming down with a fever. Went back to the tent for a power nap but woke up still feeling ill at around the time the headline acts for the night were on. Girlfriend set me up in a deck chair outside our tent, within view and sound of The XX onstage, in a sleeping bag and wrapped in blankets; started a lovely camp fire; and disappeared for 20 minutes only to return with a care package of tea, food and snacks. She insisted on missing the headline act she really wanted to see to take care of me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shivie

When he gets up at crazy hours to collect me from work; to ensure I get home safe

I was away for the weekend with a friend and she knows I love a cup of tea in bed before I face the world. I was going home a day earlier than she was and my flight was early in the morning. She set her alarm to get up before me and make me a cuppa before I had to get out of bed. 

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I proposed on Saturday and she said yes, which was nice... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CherrySue

I spent New Years in A&E this year, & 2 days before. Although my SO had to work New Years Eve, he arrived down with a homemade full Irish the following morning. I've never been so grateful to see him (OR food) in my life. He's a keeper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Last Christmas i had tonsillitis and I got the fever that goes along with it.

I couldn't get out of bed and my lovely girlfriend looked after me for 3 days until I was better. She was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

When my sent me a text the other day just to say "hello" to see how i was doing as i've been feeling low lately, really cheered me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

When she cooked dinner when I was studying. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

The day I married and My newly husband thanks me for the day and the preparations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement