Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 break at The Heritage Golf & Spa resort to be won, thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JoeDemp

When the eldest of my three little sons squeezed me as hard as he could around the neck and told me (wrongly) I'm the best dad ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

"Thank you"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

When I got invited for a weekend away.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

When I got a surprise present

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RebecaDublin

Hi everyone,

St Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to show someone that you love and care about them - and help create simultaneous good vibes around the world!

It is of course associated mostly with romance, but showing anyone at all how much you appreciate them is commonplace on St Valentine's Day too: a very significant number of Valentine's cards/gifts are received by children, parents, teachers... and even pets!

To mark the event, we're giving away a €500 voucher for a break at the gorgeous Heritage Golf & Spa resort in Killenard, Co. Laois... not far from where Electric Picnic is held!

2a841bb8-fdf9-4776-9962-14aa15cc81c1_zps3a8355e4.jpg

To enter this competition: Share a moment when you felt really cared for and appreciated! :)

The competition runs until Monday 17th February and the winner will be chosen randomly (see our terms and conditions).

All the best,
    The Electric Ireland team
    When my first boyfriend when I was 15 years old, present me a ring inside a burger in McDonalds...that was so cute1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 LtPaulo

When my girlfriend gave me the last rolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JimboSlice

The first time she made me a home cooked meal, and every one since!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

When my gf makes me things, paints cool thing son my shoes, drew a picture of me etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Monday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marioda

When my stroppy  post adolescent daughter started to reach out to me again, just touching my hair as she walked by or gave a simple touch, & then finally giving me a card with I love you written on it. Makes motherhood all worth while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 kathleenc92

My partner proposed to me when I was pregnant on our now six month old daughter. He got down on bended knee in front of a busy restaurant even though he has social anxiety. Even the waitresses were crying! Definitely made me feel cared for!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

Each and every time I am given a Hug by my three children !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lindamcneill

I was in hospital for a couple of days and when I arrived home my husband and four kids had made me a wishing well fountain for the back garden . I always wanted one but could never afford it and I just couldn't believe they made it out of decking planks , it was brilliant and just so sweet that they love me so much 

• Registered Users Posts: 44 redzer_irl

When my girlfriend learned to drive just so she would be able to drive me home from hospital after my knee operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 k8053

When a total stranger thanked me for helping her pick up her shopping when her bag broke, spilling everything everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

When I was born.

I was cared for by the staff.

I was appreciated by my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Every morning I feal soooo appreciated when I hear my wife says she loves me and our two children tell me too. Life can soooooo good when you appreciate the simple things. 

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

When she asked me to text when I got to work after cycling in. She either cared, or had a contract out on me and wanted to check on its success...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Hoser

The moment when she looked at me before she smiled , said "i love you" and kissed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

When both myself and my boyfriend were incapacitated with gastroenteritis in a hospital in Slovenia and he asked them to push his stretcher beside mine so we could hold hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

When I was given a sculpture made by a relative of an elderly neighbor I used to visit regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

I alway tidied myself up - shower / shave / bit of spray here and there before meeting with my then girlfriend - I caught a bug and when she called I looked like one of the zombies from thriller video - I expected her to run but she came in and looked after me for a few days until I returned to my beautiful self! I knew then that this was a special one....

We are now married with two little girlies

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

was stopped by a woman begging, I appologised saying I had nothing which on that day was true and moved on. She called after me and handed me a holy picture and said God bless..  i felt cared for on a day when i was feeling down

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cunninsu

I went shopping in Cork City one afternoon when my back gave way and my husband carried me across town to his car to take me to A&E.  Bless him!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When he bought me a bag of Lennox's chips and a can of Lilt before I did my Viva. I was so nervous I hadn't eaten for several days.

O

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Livefornow

When you've had a really crap day at work and, as you approach the house feeling sorry for yourself, the door swings open and the kids run out with big smiles screeming DAADDDYYYYYY!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Easy - it has to be last Christmas morning when I woke up to a brand new pair of Simpsons socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Breakfast in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

When I get home from a crappy days work to a roaring fire, gorgeous dinner and hugs from my fiancé and son. Can't beat it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AOC12

This Christmas, my 9 year old saved up his pocket money to buy his dad and me a Christmas present. He surprised us with the gift on Christmas morning. I was very proud of him!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement