Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 break at The Heritage Golf & Spa resort to be won, thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The last time I was sick, I got looked after :o

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Anytime I go back home to my parents house :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Every time I get an unasked for hug or kiss of my toddler or husband!

I appreciate them both just as much!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

He did all the grocery shopping in the bad weather since he knows I hate to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Angel moi

On a zero birthday 2 years ago my beautiful daughter whisked me off to spa for the day & after being well pampered she had all my friends gathered together for dinner & champers later <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 lel44

when my 7 year old daughter handed me her homework journal to sign last night, in the box where my name goes, there was a faint pencil line of ''i love you mam your the best in the world'' just made my year ♥

I felt cared for and appreciated when Electric Ireland gave me a discount for being a customer  since 2004 and paying my bill by direct debit (honestly) !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Morelanddylan

My  Mam should get this prize she has four children all grown up and three grandchildren one new grand child born a week ago. She looked after my brother and his wife for four weeks until they had their baby as they live a distance away and my sister in law's family are all in the UK. Then they stayed with my Mam the week after the birth which was very special for her.

She is like a super Mom and Nana and always looks well, she  is always there for us, is so unselfish, and always puts us first. We have a great relationship and she does all this despite having bad arthritis and chronic fatigue syndrome. She never complains or moans and gets on with it. She worries about us all constantly even when she shouldn't. She is one in a million and we all love her unconditionally. She minds my sisters children and does the homework with them her grandchildren adore her and she has taught them many wise sayings and great values like she taught us. Everything she does is for her family. If I won this break I would send my Mam away for a lovely weekend in Laois she would love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amylouf88

When my little red faced teething one year old climbed into my lap and cuddled into me to watch her favourite tv show <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oceanbirder

The first time my two year old said 'I love you Mommy' - my heart melted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rollaway

On Sunday morning when a fry was served up..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When I was sick in December she looked after me and took great care of me, from making something when I felt like eating, to going out in the cold specifically to get medicines and treatments for me. And never once complained about it.

She helped me survive man-flu! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭buttonsc

Had an operation and my mobility was very limited. All my children and my husband rallied round and did everything for me.  had to be helped walking, washing, dressing  along with numerous other things. I really felt loved,valued and appreciated at this very vulnerable time.I will always love them with my whole heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Zauka

When she says "I Love you" every morning and evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamesrobyn

When my then girlfriend threw me a surprise 30th birthday. She'd gotten my phone and taken all my friends numbers down and invited them. She organised the whole thing and had sworn everyone to secrecy. 
    We're happily married now, with two children and there's not a day goes by when I don't care for and appreciate her.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

The greeting my dog gives me every single evening when I get home from work. Good day or bad day, I'm usually shattered but my little prince always gives me a boost with his happy smiley head and wagging tail. He makes living alone bearable again!! Woman's best friend xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭cbee20

Receiving  a hand made card from  a five year old certainly brightened my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 esmewatson

Seeing my 3 year old's huge smile and hearing the heartfelt, "thank you, Mammy", after I found the Lego Batman that had been missing for the last two days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Noroline

....when my girlfriend said to me this evening after a busy day at work.... 'what the world really needs is more love and less paperwork'

• Registered Users Posts: 1 melons_100

When my friend made me feel better after a break-up with ice-cream and a movie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

i work in the insurance business and with all the storms, iv been more or less working nearly every day since christmas.  My hubby has been great, doing the dinner, cleaning etc. everything early. its lovely to feel cared for & appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 par418_p

I used to teach children how to swim.  Near the Christmas time one year, I noticed that several of their parents brought me Christmas tree decorations.  I really felt that I was being appreciated for what I did.  Some of these decorations were elaborate and expensive pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lmgh

When I was under pressure working and my son just quietly made a cup of tea and left it beside me

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭KCC

When my three year old gave me a big hug out of the blue and said "Mammy, you are the best of everything".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

When my mom drove 25 miles to bring me home from my own cold share flat  to her lovely warm house when I was sick ( from getting stuck in a freezing cold airport on my way back from hols)  ;) lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

When i was taken away for a week end away down to inchydoney Spa Hotel for a spa treatment. and you had the pool after the Spa with fresh sea water coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

When in the middle of an argument she still took the time to hand me a tissue and wipe away tears. 

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Entonces

when my gf looked after me after having shoulder op

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

My Mam having a hot water bottle waiting in my bed for me when I got home last night. She's getting this if I win!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Giak

I really didn't want to celebrate my birthday but my friends forced me to. 

It was actually good craic and they bought me a pressie :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement