Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 break at The Heritage Golf & Spa resort to be won, thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Orlybops

When I lost my job, my friends immediately offered loans and places to stay free of charge (thanks for the confidence guys!). I've also been fed a lot recently! 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Abbeykisses

When my 3 year old son was sick and I put him in my bed and was giving him hugs and kisses and he turned to me and said "I love you mammy" .. 

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Everyday!  Can't choose just one!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TonyCochrane

When she smiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mensa

When my 3 boys played "love me do" on the piano for me and my wife!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ImaRock

I had spent one week working as a volunteer in a children's Summer camp in County Wicklow last Summer. I spent the week interacting with the children and participating in team-building activities. I slept with the boys in their dorm room and ate my meals with them. I gave them a lot of encouragement throughout the week and it was my reward to watch them grow and become more confident. On the last day, we packed our things, cleaned up our dorm rooms and boarded our coach to head home. As the bus drove slowly away I was handed a big wrapped parcel and a card by one of the children. All the children turned and looked at me smiling waiting to see me open them. I was caught completely by surprise as I was not expecting this. I opened the card first. It was a beautiful "Thank you" card and each child had wrote a few heartfelt words of their own to me on it. I was blown away. I thanked them then began opening the parcel. Inside was two books that I had mentioned I was planning to buy. These children contributed to buy these from their own money. I never volunteer for financial gain but on this day last Summer I felt really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

It was just an ordinary winter's day and I'd been having a rotten few days at work and was feeling very stressed out. My partner was working late shift that week so I wasn't expecting him home til about 10pm. I came home from work about 6pm, and was feeling crap and noticed his car outside. I went in and got a lovely smell from the kitchen. He appeared , having taken a half day, and banned me from the kitchen and steered me to the living room. The fire was lighting - I never bother to light it when on my own and he's working late - and the place was set up for a romantic dinner, The coffee table was set and there were candles lit. Music on and the whole set up was so romantic. He told me to sit there and not move and proceeded to serve me up a beautiful dinner, wine the works! I felt so special and loved!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

When the bank said you were too young to get a mortgage…. 

• Subscribers Posts: 41,595 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

At the end of the u7s training and the Kids say "thanks coach"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

When I suddenly fell into poor health a few years back I was really well looked after by my wife and children. Recovering after my heart attack was a journey made all the easier by the love and care that my beautiful wife and wonderful children showered upon me. It made me rethink my lifestyle and led me to cherish my family all the more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

When my dog leaves the room to fart when I'm hungover, it's the little things. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

When I'm sick

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cellboy

A sweet kiss from my wife everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 manzhao

When he say I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

When I see the look on a friends face and they say "thanks for listening" and being there for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BMG83

when I got a valentine card from my partner with a very sweet message.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

When my friends and family planned a surprise 21st birthday party for me. I had just wanted a low key dinner with family but I was really touched by the effort they went to. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 glenconal

Hi everyone,

St Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to show someone that you love and care about them - and help create simultaneous good vibes around the world!

It is of course associated mostly with romance, but showing anyone at all how much you appreciate them is commonplace on St Valentine's Day too: a very significant number of Valentine's cards/gifts are received by children, parents, teachers... and even pets!

To mark the event, we're giving away a €500 voucher for a break at the gorgeous Heritage Golf & Spa resort in Killenard, Co. Laois... not far from where Electric Picnic is held!

2a841bb8-fdf9-4776-9962-14aa15cc81c1_zps3a8355e4.jpg

To enter this competition: Share a moment when you felt really cared for and appreciated! :)

The competition runs until Monday 17th February and the winner will be chosen randomly (see our terms and conditions).

All the best,
    The Electric Ireland team
    I felt really cared for and appreciated when my lifetime partner gave me an electric blanket during the recent cold spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

When I am grumpy and cross with man-flu and still get that special "I love you" look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

The day I got my CELTA Cert and with it were all the comments my fellow class mates wrote about me! They were all so appreciative and kind and made my day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

When my niece gave me a "best uncle ever" mug.  :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

When I open the door after a long day at work and my son and 2 year old daughter run out shouting "daddy daddy" I feel like the luckiest man alive... 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

when my partner leaves but has pinned a cute little note to the notice board

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

the icecream was in the fridge in the cold garage. she got it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

When he kissed me in the car without worrying about people looking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

When my mam looked after me after getting all my wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gisto08

Hi everyone,

St Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to show someone that you love and care about them - and help create simultaneous good vibes around the world!

It is of course associated mostly with romance, but showing anyone at all how much you appreciate them is commonplace on St Valentine's Day too: a very significant number of Valentine's cards/gifts are received by children, parents, teachers... and even pets!

To mark the event, we're giving away a €500 voucher for a break at the gorgeous Heritage Golf & Spa resort in Killenard, Co. Laois... not far from where Electric Picnic is held!

2a841bb8-fdf9-4776-9962-14aa15cc81c1_zps3a8355e4.jpg

To enter this competition: Share a moment when you felt really cared for and appreciated! :)

The competition runs until Monday 17th February and the winner will be chosen randomly (see our terms and conditions).

All the best,
    The Electric Ireland team
    today my kids were showing there love being very good and attentive 

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rabsmith2

When each one of my daughters came into this world, a beautiful experience each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭doradoll

When me kids say mum that was a lovely dinner -,thank you can we have it again 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭carolireland

When I got home this Valentines Day after work, the weather was miserable and I was expecting to have to make the dinner and do the housework when I got home. Instead my husband had done the housework  and the house was gleaming and we had a takeaway! It was a delight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement