Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 break at The Heritage Golf & Spa resort to be won, thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 10-02-2014 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

St Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to show someone that you love and care about them - and help create simultaneous good vibes around the world!

It is of course associated mostly with romance, but showing anyone at all how much you appreciate them is commonplace on St Valentine's Day too: a very significant number of Valentine's cards/gifts are received by children, parents, teachers... and even pets!

To mark the event, we're giving away a €500 voucher for a break at the gorgeous Heritage Golf & Spa resort in Killenard, Co. Laois... not far from where Electric Picnic is held!

2a841bb8-fdf9-4776-9962-14aa15cc81c1_zps3a8355e4.jpg

To enter this competition: Share a moment when you felt really cared for and appreciated! :)

The competition runs until Monday 17th February and the winner will be chosen randomly (see our terms and conditions).

All the best,
    The Electric Ireland team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

When she said "YES"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

When Joe* finally bought his first round....

*name has been changed to prevent defamation case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Yesterday morning, after a long week, I was woken up by my daughters with breakfast in bed - toast (cold), weetabix (1 floating in a bowl of milk) and a nice milky cup of tea. Feeling loved!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was a bit upset during the week about something and my husband put on Happy by Pharrell Williams because he knows it cheers me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Missus has been sick all weekend so I've been playing the nurse for her, getting what she wanted and making sure there was plenty of stuff to watch :) I got home last night and found a note in my bag from her that she must of slipped in while I was sorting things out for her. All it said was thanks but it was enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Beagslife

Last time I suffered from the ManFlu!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Beagslife

Last time I suffered from the ManFlu!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭remoh

I'm an advid followed of "Game of Thrones", I've read all the books and watched every episode of the TV series at least a couple of times.It was my birthday during the week and my wife to my surprise organised a lovely cake which had a picture of "Westeros" on the top of it. Big brownie points for her!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

When I was allowed the biggest piece of blubber from the seal we'd snatched from the sea, I knew I had finally become a man of our tribe.  

[random competition entries allow for a lot of, um, leniency in terms of actually-happened-edness]

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

When my girlfriend gives me a hug everyday! 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cadiel

Hi everyone,

St Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to show someone that you love and care about them - and help create simultaneous good vibes around the world!

It is of course associated mostly with romance, but showing anyone at all how much you appreciate them is commonplace on St Valentine's Day too: a very significant number of Valentine's cards/gifts are received by children, parents, teachers... and even pets!

To mark the event, we're giving away a €500 voucher for a break at the gorgeous Heritage Golf & Spa resort in Killenard, Co. Laois... not far from where Electric Picnic is held!

2a841bb8-fdf9-4776-9962-14aa15cc81c1_zps3a8355e4.jpg

To enter this competition: Share a moment when you felt really cared for and appreciated! :)

The competition runs until Monday 17th February and the winner will be chosen randomly (see our terms and conditions).

All the best,
    The Electric Ireland team
    Today, when my 14 year old son, and my 10 year old daughter gave me a hug...with me in the middle! We call it being the "ham in the sandwich"! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

When my kind neighbour appeared at my door with a warm cherry crumble, on the darkest night of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gra246

My neighbour & I were acquainted on a nodding basis for a long while.Then she arrived, with a bunch of flowers, to visit one day. My partner had mentioned in passing that I was recovering from 6 months of chemotherapy treatment,  after developing cancer.
    Alice arrived in, calm & warm & with offers of help from herself & her husband . She visits now & again & is always positive & lovely company. She checks that I'm not too tired for company, or too cold! She even brought her new rescue dog, Millie, to meet me, as she knew it would make me beam from ear to ear.
    We laugh alot & I greatly appreciate her kindness & hugs. I'm lucky to have such a caring neighbour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Got out of hospital on Saturday and arrived home to a homemade white choc cheesecake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Trev De rev

When my daughter Lucia says thanks or gives me a big smile and hug when i do anything for her. It just melts my heart and id lets her get away with anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

When my daughter made me dinner the other week for her brownie badge!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

This isn't so much a 'when I felt cared for' post as 'when I felt appreciated' comment..

I was teaching in UCD, and after grading essays, I got an email from a student who wasn't entirely over-the-moon with their essay grade. I arranged a meeting with them, and went through their essay in detail, showing them where they'd done really well, and how they could improve on their essay writing skills. At the last class, the student in question gave me a box of chocolates as a 'thank you' for taking the time (outside of class) for sitting down with them and helping them. It was a really nice gesture, and very appreciated from my point of view. Moreover, they took everything I said on board, and improved greatly in their overall result, so that was reward enough for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Humble Sausage

The last time I stayed at The Heritage....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

Every day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

My 5 year old son asking me on a daily basis am i ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Getting married

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

last time was my birthday a few weeks ago - breakfast in bed, lots of nice cards and texts and a steak dinner that night and lots of love :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

When my sister sent her husband on a 200 mile round trip to collect me when I wasn't well. I'd give it to them

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

When I was off sick from work for a few days and so many work friends texted me to see how I was, that made me feel loved and cared for.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cheeky charlie 13

I've had to travel a lot with work recently and was starting to feel run down. I came home to my house cleaned, gorgeous flowers and a home cooked dinner from my husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SamKB

My husband is one of those men who doesn't do grand gestures like flower deliveries or surprise weekends away. He shows me how much he appreciates and cares for me in a million tiny ways every week and for that I love him even more.

One of my favourite moments happened when we had been dating about a year.  He had stayed over in my house and just as we were leaving for work as he headed out the door to get into the car he said he had left his wallet on my locker and could I grab it for him while he started the car.  When I went back upstairs, he had spelled out I Love U in quality street on top of the duvet.  It truly was one of those moments when my heart just melted.

I would love to surprise him with a break at the fabulous Heritage Golf & Spa resort because he is the loveliest man I have ever met and I'm truly lucky he agreed to marry me :)

Happy Valentines everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I broke my wrist about 3 weeks ago and my 2year old son looks at the cast and says "Hand sore?" a lot. The first day he saw it, he gave it a little rub and brought me to the sofa to sit me down and gave me a blanket. 

He's Two!!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

My brother choosing me to be his best man at his wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sukie

When we were going out almost a year, it was coming up to Christmas.
    I'm a big movie fan and love "It's a wonderful Life", Dave had never seen it but knew how I felt about the movie and promised that we would watch the film together that Christmas.

One evening we were on our way to the cinema, when we got there I found out that he had booked a  screen in the cinema for just the two of us so that we could watch my favourite movie on the big screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

When she said yes!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement