Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with toilet training please!

Options
  • 10-02-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my son is 2.8 years old and started to toilet train him last week. I am training him on an adapter toilet seat on top of our toilet instead of using the potty. He is great sitting on the toilet no problem and will even sit on it without a nappy on. The big problem is he only seems to do his poos when his nappy is on. So I thought I would watch for the signs of when he is going and sit him on the toilet with his nappy on.....but, he has now started to find little hiding places to go when he is pooing so I dont know when he is going! Any helpful tips?? I don't want to stop and try it all again at a later stage because he has gotten used to sitting on the toilet and likes getting his stickers for doing it so dont want to confuse him as to why its all stopped, I also put his poo down the toilet so he can flush it away.

Advertisement