Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I've gone through 2 pairs of boots in two years. They end up loosing their waterproofing. The front of them is not really leather and ends up cracking.

I would love a decent pair that wont fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Don't wear steel toecap boots on a bike, if the front of the boot is pushed backwards hard enough the toecap can slice the toes off.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Zascar wrote: »
    I saw those Ricah ones in Cotters and they looked lovely. However someone on another thread here told me to stay away as the build quality is not great. Thoughts?

Its the first pair of Richa ive had and so far they are holding up fine.
    I wear them daily while commuting and ive walked around in them for an hour or two and they were comfortable.

No complaints here so far but i havent had them long.

Btw, when ya saw me on the N7/M50. Were you the dude with the high vis on in front of me?
    I couldnt make out the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

ninja900 wrote: »
    Don't wear steel toecap boots on a bike, if the front of the boot is pushed backwards hard enough the toecap can slice the toes off.
    I always wear boots with composite toes (kevlar/carbon fibre mix) for this very reason ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

aaakev wrote: »
    Bike world and cotters both stoch them kind of boots. Bike world especially had a big collection. They didnt look great to be honest.

Picked up a pair of these myself today, very comfy so far

http://m.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/app/prod/95732
    Hadn't got out all week because of the bad weather so decided feck it I was leaving the van at home this evening. Got soaked and the boots held up great, was out for over an hour im the rain and wet and they didnt let in any water at all and were very comfortable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So I bought the TCX's, arrived today. Tried them on and they are a little tight - despite being the same size as my current ones, and the same as other brands I had tried on in shops. Will they loosen up can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Zascar wrote: »
    So I bought the TCX's, arrived today. Tried them on and they are a little tight - despite being the same size as my current ones, and the same as other brands I had tried on in shops. Will they loosen up can anyone tell me?

My tcx touring boots loosened up after a few times wearing them but my tcx race boots didn't so I sold them.

Advertisement