Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NDLS are jokers

• 10-02-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Is anybody having a problem with this new licence application process? I applied on the 22nd of Nov and after 2 phone calls made by myslef i just recived a letter saying i have to re-apply. Apparently the form wasnt filled out correctly which i find strange because they filled the form out for me and i just signed where i was told. I cannot have as much as a driving lesson without my provisonal licence which is really fustrating as im 27 and needed to get on the road back in December for work and personal reasons ,over 12 weeks to wait for this to be sorted without as much as an apology or phone call is a ridiculas service in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

seems like an unholy shambles

what was wrong with the old system?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Thats the public sector for you.

If the NDLS were privatised and split up, the service would improve overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Just let the qualified driver (who would be in the car with you anyway if you are only getting a learners permit) do the driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

Apparently to stop fraud!! Ive just had to people onto me about it 1 is waiting over 8 weeks to get his old full licence re-issued the other friends licence had a mistake on it and has to re-apply all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

cml387 wrote: »
    Just let the qualified driver (who would be in the car with you anyway if you are only getting a learners permit) do the driving.
    I still cant get a lesson from a certified driving instructor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

This must be related to SUSI? It seems that whenever the government switches to centres like this (SUSI, medical card applications) the issues and problems just multiply and nobody takes control or ownership of the screwups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Got a letter for this re licence renewal. Went along to local centre, to find that they had switched to pre-booking (no mention of same on documentation of course). Got slot and went back earlier today, then there was some cock and bull story about "computers being down". Of course all they had to do was check the details on my old licence against the new form, take a pic and send me on my way, but they refused to do anything only tell me to come back again.

Outsourcing is fine as a concept, but there has to comprehensive service level agreements imposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Lapin wrote: »

Its a quango of the RSA, which in turn is a quango of the DOT. A better solution would be to have the post office do it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lapin wrote: »

You mean like the NCT ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

If it's known by its initials, it's crap. Good rule of thumb. Unless the initials are MILF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Mine took 10 days....cheek of them! I wanted it there and then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

They are the greatest nuisance. Always looking for a reason to turn people away. Now they stopped accepting cash and turned me away because my card was empty - despite having lots of cash on me. What kind of an eejit refuses cash?

A few years ago I was in one centre and there was 1 lad sitting behind the counter sloooooooooowly explaining the ins and outs of the whole process to the lad infront of him while there was a whole room full of people waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

#1 This thread is from over 7 years ago.

#2 They state clearly that cash is not accepted.

#3 How is it their fault that you do not have sufficient funds on your card.

#4 Some people need things clearly stated to them. Sometimes it has to be said slowly as they still don't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

For places like that cash is a pain in the arse - you've got to have cash handleing procedures ,- a safe - cash collection - for not much money - it's much more efficient for them to go card only -

Not necessarily terribly convenient for you though -

My only complaint was the bags I made of the photo ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

If that is the case they are only making it more complicated than it needs to be. Nothing wrong with shoving it into an envelope and horsing envelope into the bank once a week. I don't make a song and a dance about accepting cash off someone and don't see why they should.

The search function is fecked

I had no problem with that the last time I was there, didnt expect it to have changed

It is their fault that they have to be awkward and not accept cash.

He was doing that with every single person. Read a few months later there was nearly a bust-up at that particular centre because they were closing and lots of people still waiting to be served and they were refusing to leave until the Guards were brought in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I had to contact them for a driver statement (just an email with a PDF containing my driving history, licences I've held, points I've had, etc). It took three months. Eventually, I received an email telling me that they'd be emailing the attachment to me in two working days. Not sure why they couldn't've attached it there and then. Anyway, I received it another two weeks later.

Even by the standards of Irish public bodies, they're beyond useless.

I know someone who is waiting 4 weeks for them to do some simple thing.

Twas the one thing the council operated very efficiently back in the day. Land up with your documents, use whatever payment method you like and stroll out with a brand new license in about 20 minutes. Then for some reason they decided to farm it out to these SGS shysters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Old thread is old

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement