Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible to get through to tech support!

Options
  • 10-02-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

I tried calling eircom technical support since early this morning on both my mobile (4 times) and on the landline twice. On all 6 occasions the call was dropped! What do I have to do to get through to you technical support? I recently joined eircom and I was promised 15 Mbps uncongested broadband. I have only been getting 5-6 MB download and 1 or less upload during the day. This drops of drastically at night in which I get 1mb or less of download and a ping of 150 ms.

So how do I resolve this if I'm not allowed to get through?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Having similar problems with 1901 since Friday. Extra long wait times, calls just dropping out, when I eventually did get put through the agent put me on hold and the call was again dropped.

I have tried changing mobile phone, phoning from 2 separate landlines but each time the same things are happening (call dropping out). Seems that they are having trouble with their internal Tech support phone system.

Yet another issue with Eircom to add to the already long list.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

stooge wrote: »
    Having similar problems with 1901 since Friday. Extra long wait times, calls just dropping out, when I eventually did get put through the agent put me on hold and the call was again dropped.

I have tried changing mobile phone, phoning from 2 separate landlines but each time the same things are happening (call dropping out). Seems that they are having trouble with their internal Tech support phone system.

Also why, oh why do I have to call a 1890 number.its a per minute number! Why should it cost me when I'm trying to resolve an eircom technical issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merelyme

1jcdub wrote: »
    stooge wrote: »

Also why, oh why do I have to call a 1890 number.its a per minute number! Why should it cost me when I'm trying to resolve an  eircom technical issue?

You don't have to dial the 1890 number. Dial 1901 and follow the menu to broadband faults/technical support. It's the same queue but free of charge from any phone - landline or mobile. I'm surprised eircom staff have not jumped at the opportunity to advise you about something that's free!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

1jcdub wrote: »
    I tried calling eircom technical support since early this morning on both my mobile (4 times) and on the landline twice. On all 6 occasions the call was dropped! What do I have to do to get through to you technical support? I recently joined eircom and I was promised 15 Mbps uncongested broadband. I  have only been getting 5-6 MB download and 1 or less upload during the day.  This drops of drastically at night in which I get 1mb or less of download and a ping of 150 ms.

So how do I resolve this if I'm not allowed to get through?
    Apologies 1jcdub there were issues yesterday and earlier today with contacting our 1901 and support call centres. This has been resolved and back-log of calls has been dealt with.
    Let me know if you still cannot get through.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement