Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ejector Problems

Options
  • 10-02-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Having trouble with my medallist. When breaking the barrel it is ejecting both cartridges irrespective of how many shots where fired. Hence I am constantly having to pick up the live round off the ground to place it back in the gun. Just wondering if anybody would have the manual for this gun which would show an assembly drawing of how the ejectors are put together and how they are triggered. It does not seem to be a problem with one specific ejector as it double ejects regardless of which barrel is fired first. ie fire top only, it ejects spent round from top and live round from the bottom. Fire bottom only, it ejects spent round from bottom and live round from the top. Any suggestions along with a scan of the manual are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭valerossi

Having trouble with my medallist. When breaking the barrel it is ejecting both cartridges irrespective of how many shots where fired. Hence I am constantly having to pick up the live round off the ground to place it back in the gun. Just wondering if anybody would have the manual for this gun which would show an assembly drawing of how the ejectors are put together and how they are triggered. It does not seem to be a problem with one specific ejector as it double ejects regardless of which barrel is fired first. ie fire top only, it ejects spent round from top and live round from the bottom. Fire bottom only, it ejects spent round from bottom and live round from the top. Any suggestions along with a scan of the manual are greatly appreciated.

Am I wrong in thinking the Medalist is renamed The Medallist but is made in Italy by FIAS? and not by Miroku in Japan If so try their.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yup.

I'd recommend a gunsmith regardless of whether you identify the problem or not. To carry out the work. Cannot be too careful when you consider the amount of pressure at your face.

Look at ejector springs, and rods. I don't own a medalist so won't pretend to know the exact workings, but it cannot be too different (if at all) from other manufacturers. I assume she is an auto eject? Is it new or second hand? Any issues before with one barrel not ejecting?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15 O Magician OO

Cass wrote: »
    Yup.

I'd recommend a gunsmith regardless of whether you changed y the problem or not. To carry out the work. Cannot be too careful when you consider the amount of pressure at your face.

Look at ejector springs, and rods. I don't own a medalist so won't pretend to know the exact workings, but it cannot be too different (if at all) from other manufacturers. I assume she is an auto eject? Is it new or second hand? Any issues before with one barrel not ejecting?

It is indeed made by FIAS but no info on their site also emailed by no reply. It's second hand but I've had this issue since I got it. It unfortunately has already been to a gun Smith as I brought it back after its first outing when the problem was apparent, got it back 3 weeks later with one of the ejectors replaced, brought it out for trial run and nothing had changed, still double ejected the live round. Bringing it back again but wanted the manual so I could at least be more informed on the workings of this specific gun when discussing the problem.

Advertisement