Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damaged cover of meter

Options
  • 10-02-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

[font=arial, sans-serif]the door which covers the meter on the side of the house is broken. the hinges are broken and the door cannot be hung on same. what is the procedure for having this repaired?? poses a health and safety risk in its current state[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi John,

ESB Networks are the people to contact regarding this query. They are not on Boards.ie or Facebook but they are on Twitter.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnoconno7

thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Afaik it is your own responnsibility to repair the box that the meter is contained within. Networks only deal with the meter itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnoconno7

They emailed me and as you say, said that I was Responsible for the meter box but they agreed to fix it as a once off ! Should take 4 to 6 weeks !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

They emailed me and as you say, said that I was Responsible for the meter box but they agreed to fix it as a once off ! Should take 4 to 6 weeks !
    In our old house for 9-10 years we had no meter door. Rain, wind, snow, storms etc never damaged the meter. Wouldn't worry too much about it. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement