Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Analytics IQ Exam

Options
  • 10-02-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all,

I plan to do the Google Analytics IQ exam in the coming weeks as it is an option to cover in the course I am completing in college. I have covered all of the introduction videos, however when I look for sample exams (for example here and here), the questions are in a different league than whats in the lessons.
    I have used analytics on a basic enough level, and can do everything that is in the lessons (pass all the tests at the bottom of the page easily), but is the content/questions in the lessons reflective of what's in the actual exam? It's also difficult to prepare for the e-commerce/adwords section as I don't have any way to implement them.

Also if anyone know's anywhere to find practice questions/easy to explain guides that are similar to the real exam it would be great. I just don't want to spend €40 doing a test based on the lessons when you're expected to know a vast amount more.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Bro its been a while since i looked at the exams but ..

1. You dont pay for exams any more i dont think and
    2. There is no GAIQ exam any more.. i thought they pulled it last year !!

Can you show where your getting your information from please ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Bro its been a while since i looked at the exams but ..

1. You dont pay for exams any more i dont think and
    2. There is no GAIQ exam any more.. i thought they pulled it last year !!

Can you show where your getting your information from please ??

Incorrect.

You don't pay for Adwords Exams. They pulled the Advanced Reporting and Analysis exam.

You still have to pay for the GAIQ exam, and it is a separate qualification to the Adwords exams.

AFAIK, the Digital Analytics academy should give you all the info you need - you need to make sure you are covering the additional reading on the right hand side too. If you really want practice questions, you could use iPass Exam, it's €30 for a month. I found it useful for the first time I did all the exams, I don't use it anymore as I am practicing this everyday, but the questions are usually not far off what you get in the exam.

Bear in mind that you can't navigate away from the window when you are taking the exam, it is locked into the exam window, so have a tablet or another laptop open with the Analytics Help Center to guide you.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Hi all,

I plan to do the Google Analytics IQ exam in the coming weeks as it is an option to cover in the course I am completing in college. I have covered all of the introduction videos, however when I look for sample exams (for example here and here), the questions are in a different league than whats in the lessons.
    I have used analytics on a basic enough level, and can do everything that is in the lessons (pass all the tests at the bottom of the page easily), but is the content/questions in the lessons reflective of what's in the actual exam? It's also difficult to prepare for the e-commerce/adwords section as I don't have any way to implement them.

Also if anyone know's anywhere to find practice questions/easy to explain guides that are similar to the real exam it would be great. I just don't want to spend €40 doing a test based on the lessons when you're expected to know a vast amount more.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

What course are you doing and how do you find it as I'm looking do a course shortly?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Incorrect.

You don't pay for Adwords Exams. They pulled the Advanced Reporting and Analysis exam.

You still have to pay for the GAIQ exam, and it is a separate qualification to the Adwords exams.

AFAIK, the Digital Analytics academy should give you all the info you need - you need to make sure you are covering the additional reading on the right hand side too. If you really want practice questions, you could use iPass Exam, it's €30 for a month. I found it useful for the first time I did all the exams, I don't use it anymore as I am practicing this everyday, but the questions are usually not far off what you get in the exam.

Bear in mind that you can't navigate away from the window when you are taking the exam, it is locked into the exam window, so have a tablet or another laptop open with the Analytics Help Center to guide you.

Well, the whole point in the exam is so that you don't HAVE to use the help center. Otherwise, they wouldn't lock it.

Analytics Academy will NOT prepare you for the GAIQ test. You need to do some additional reading. I'd recommend watching some webinars on YouTube on Google Tag Manager. There's lots of questions in there on it now.

To be honest, the best education is actually using GA. If you have a blog or access to an account, that would be your best learning tool. It's pretty fundamental to be honest. There's nothing about the measurement protocol in it, nothing about custom dimensions (previously custom variables) or custom metrics.

I too would like to know the course that's recommend this. Having the GAIQ exam and all AdWords exams taken is a requirement for us hiring. If you don't know what cost data import or custom dimensions are or how to implement eCommerce value tracking and some custom tracking using the Data Layer you don't get in the door. You can only learn this by doing it yourself.

The AdWords advanced exams are a little tricky but well worth doing at the same time (not the EXACT same time obviously) as the GAIQ. As you mentioned, they're free. AdWords have just released the Study Guides help section which is really great: https://support.google.com/partners/topic/3204437?hl=en&ref_topic=3111012

Advertisement