Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you recommend the best Indian restaurant bin Waterford

Options
  • 10-02-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi. Planning to go to Waterford valentines for an Indian.

Looking to know what would be the best Indian restaurant to go to ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Café Goa FTW...

It's right across from the bus station. You'll probably need to reserve - they're usually full at weekends and on occasions like Valentine's.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Cafe Goa +100. Smashing place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Eastenders best for food. staff good too. Decent space in there too, unlike Goa. On the Quay towards the bridge end.

I hear good things about Blue Moon on Park Road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I used to swear by Cafe Goa - lovely food, nice staff - but it can get very cramped in there when it's busy. They have a bigger room upstairs, but apparently it's only open for large groups/functions.

I go to Eastenders now as it's much bigger, and I can't fault them on food or service.

I tried Planet Spice (also on the Quay), and I have to say I wasn't impressed with either the food or the service!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Little India opposite St John's Church in Parnell street is very good and cheap too been there lots of times and never disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Eastenders for sure plus they have a valentines special posted on fb
    mixed plater for two
    two main courses with sides
    dessert
    2 glasses of wine
    €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have got take aways from eastenders, little india, blue mango and plant spice countless times and i will pick eastenders as my fave as there curry is nice and hot, rice is nice and so is there nam bread.

Little india used to be my go to place last year but there very dear to get a takeaway from i find. But i miss there curry a lot

Blue Mango i find has the nicest nam bread of them all but i find there currys very oily but they are still nice.

Plant Spice i used to go to the sister restaurant in clomnel all the time but had a shocking exp there one day for lunch. Find them really dear for what you get. Also was there for a all you can eat for lunch one day and everything was extremely tasteless i found

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭14handicap

Café Goa 101% head and shoulders above the rest.
    Eastenders is pure slop and oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I'd strenuously counter that comment about Eastenders. I've never had oily or sloppy food there.

In fact, another non-Indian restaurant in Waterford used to employ an Indian waiter.

I asked him once which was the best Indian resto in Waterford, and he replied "For the food, Eastenders".

Good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Kashmir Tandoori for me. Lovely grub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

kashmir tanodoori i love it there boooooooooooiiiiiiii i does

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Eastenders without a shadow of a doubt. Space, Price and Food is incredible. Ive been to most and id definitely say Eastenders is the best all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Eastenders was always my favorite, but they just kept messing up my delivery orders, if they had been better in that regard (I was a regular customer for over 3 years at this stage!) I would never have left them.

For going in to eat I would still recommend them, I get my take aways from Planet Spice now mainly, found Goa to be a little overrated tbh, nice enough though. Kashmir Tandori is worth a look too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Cafe Goa is very nice but I find it hugely overpriced.
    I would without hesitation recommend kaismir tandoori. Great food and you won't get ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Thank you to everyone who commented

"EASTENDERS" It is :)

Thanks

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Cafe Goa is very nice but I find it hugely overpriced.
    I would without hesitation recommend kaismir tandoori. Great food and you won't get ripped off.

You get what you pay for.
    Café Goa make and crush their own spices. The others as far as I understand buy them in, in packets.

Please report back on your Eastenders experience? in detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

14handicap wrote: »
    You get what you pay for.
    Café Goa make and crush their own spices. The others as far as I understand buy them in, in packets.

Please report back on your Eastenders experience? in detail.

It's more things like your rice etc is all an extra cost whereas it isn't in kaismir tandoori and the food tastes as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

He is looking for an Indian Bin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

Also recommend Little India Parnell Street. Cheap and cheerful, good food, nice portions, friendly service always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

None, these are what is called "Irish Indian food", i.e. cheap curries and crap.

Nice as a take-away but not restaurant quality... for example when have you seen fish on a menu in an Indian here? Never, do they not eat fish? I think they do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

mozattack wrote: »
    None, these are what is called "Irish Indian food", i.e. cheap curries and crap.

Nice as a take-away but not restaurant quality... for example when have you seen fish on a menu in an Indian here? Never, do they not eat fish? I think they do

Cafe Goa have a fish dish, as well as lots of prawn dishes.

You can always call them and ask if they'll make you a specific dish... worst they can do is say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

Gadgie wrote: »
    Cafe Goa have a fish dish, as well as lots of prawn dishes.

You can always call them and ask if they'll make you a specific dish... worst they can do is say no.

Little India do fish too.

The reason that they don't do fish is because there is not a market for it.
    I have eaten in Indian restaurants all over the World (Have a passion for Indian food) and Café Goa is amazing value for the quality of food and ingredients you get.
    There is very little difference in what you get in Café Goa and in India.
    There is also one big difference with Café Goa and the others... The owner is the chef a lot of the time and he gives a shi* what you think of his food.
    If your not happy tell him and he will replace it or change it.
    The others have waiters that don't fully understand what the food is about and lack understanding of what Irish customers require.

Sorry to go on but before I travel anywhere in the World I look up restaurants to try and always at least one Indian in each city on each trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beanieb

Blue Mango by the peoples park is very good. Got a couple of takeaways from there recently and was very happy. Great prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Little india used to be my go to place last year but there very dear to get a takeaway from i find. But i miss there curry a lot

Nice menu but couldn't get over how much more expensive their takeaway was than Kashmir Tandoori. And you get a free starter with every two main courses takeaway in KT.

The food was lovely but was not worth the extra dosh. Won't be using it again for takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waterfordjs

which one has the hottest vindaloo?

which one has the hottest vindaloo?

Café Goa will make it as hot as you require.

I always thought that a Beer and Hot curry festival would work very well some weekend in Waterford.

If you can eat the HOT curry you get it for free.
    Could also do a who can eat the Hot curry fastest and give a prize of a trip to India for 2...

Watch this space...What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

14handicap wrote: »

If you can eat the HOT curry you get it for free.
    Could also do a who can eat the Hot curry fastest and give a prize of a trip to India for 2...

Watch this space...What do you think?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/curry-houses-chilli-eating-contest-puts-83445

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Little India do some pretty hot stuff, the fire eater is good

Advertisement