Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you recommend the best Indian restaurant bin Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

kryogen wrote: »
    Little India do some pretty hot stuff, the fire eater is good

I ordered the Fire Eater once because I had a cold and wanted a hot curry. I used to think I had a high tolerance for heat, but I could only eat about half of it - it was so hot! I wasn't defeated, though - I ate the rest of of it cold in pitta breads over the next two days. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Went to Eastenders restaurant after . The meal was lovely. Very reasonable priced also. Thanks to everyone who commented.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭14handicap

Went to Eastenders restaurant after . The meal was lovely. Very reasonable priced also. Thanks to everyone who commented.

You now know you have to go to Café Goa and compare.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ecoone

Eastenders does a great Sunday lunch buffet. All you can eat for €8.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

We went to Blue Mango last night. Lovely grub and great service.

I had their Fire Eater, which was v hot, but good!

There was only one other couple in there at 9pm on a Saturday night which is a shame, but they seemed to be shifting a few takeaway deliveries.

• Advertisement

Went to have a meal in Café Goa last night but they close on a Monday so went to Planet Spice just down the Quay from it.

Early bird for 14.90.
    Took 15 minutes before he got to address us on the table as he was on the phone chatting.
    Ordered the King Prawns...2 arrived and were both under cooked to a dangerous level in a sick sauce. Terrible starter.
    Ordered a Beef Balti for the main and a bowl of slop arrived with about 8 cubes of tough beef. I ate about 3 cubes and could not eat any more. Total rubbish. Got a Pashwari nan which was not bad and that killed the hunger.

Beware as the food is true rubbish and the worse I have ever had.
    Sad times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

14handicap wrote: »
    Went to have a meal in Café Goa last night but they close on a Monday so went to Planet Spice just down the Quay from it.

Early bird for 14.90.
    Took 15 minutes before he got to address us on the table as he was on the phone chatting.
    Ordered the King Prawns...2 arrived and were both under cooked to a dangerous level in a sick sauce. Terrible starter.
    Ordered a Beef Balti for the main and a bowl of slop arrived with about 8 cubes of tough beef. I ate about 3 cubes and could not eat any more. Total rubbish. Got a Pashwari nan which was not bad and that killed the hunger.

Sad times.

Did you tell them this and how did they react?

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Did you tell them this and how did they react?

I can change for you... and basically did not get it.
    I have eaten Indian food all over the World and this was the worst ever, period. Just pure slop.
    The person with me also have 2 courses and again the same.
    Onion Bhaji which had more flour in it than onion and the potato curry (cant think of the name) but again was just a really bad processed sauce.

4 bad dishes out of 4 is not good.
    The wine and the nan were ok though.
    If I was marking out of 10
    Service 2-10
    Food 0-10
    Price 2-10 considering the food was so bad.
    atmosphere 4-10 ok music and décor but was very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

14handicap wrote: »
    Went ... to Planet Spice just down the Quay from it.

Sad times.

I went a few months ago and had a similar experience - food and service very poor, even though we were the only customers in there. Always felt sorry for them prior to that, as whenever I walked past there was hardly ever anyone in there... now I know why! Won't be going back.

Advertisement