Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super XV 2014 General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Peyper is already annoying me. I quite like him, but I wish they had neutral refs for these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Finally we see Steyn's boot in action. Penalty kick from 55 metres out to 15. Good chance here.

Pietersen was taken in the air there. Should've been yellow.

Malachai Feki-fùcka-toa!!!

That. Is. Sublime.

Try for Fekitoa and game over. That was dreadful from the Sharks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Could anyone have predicted this score?

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Could anyone have predicted this score?

No.

Last season teams put out their "B" side and banked 5 points all the same v the Highlanders. My other team this season. Great work with 2 stars in Smith & Smith and a whole lot of team spirit.

Great stuff. Sharks looked well off colour, but a win in Durban is a fantastic effort. Highlanders remain in the hunt. Fekitoa - great try!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

In defence of the sharks, Bismarck their cpt pulled out just before the match for some reason. Also Alberts was meant to play at 5 but was switched to his normal place of 7 as Deysel also pulled out just before the match.

Anyone know what happened to those two?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just getting back in, are you sseriously saying the highlanders best the sharks?

Cmon the 'landers!!

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Just getting back in, are you sseriously saying the highlanders best the sharks?

Cmon the 'landers!!

Yes they did. Tactics were spot on from what I saw (2nd half only), Ben Smith sublime at mopping up at the back, and Sharks pinned back with accurate kicking. I'll post highlights when available, good tries all round, especially the last one, piece of individual magic.

Fecking delighted ;)
    With a game in hand as well they are pushing for top NZ spot

Who woulda thunk it eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Can the Stormers still mathematically make the play offs? :(

Fecking delighted ;)
    With a game in hand as well they are pushing for top NZ spot

Who woulda thunk it eh?

It's a good comp this year. Even the cellar dwellars the Cheetahs and Stormers are more than capable of beating any of the other teams on their day. I'm delighted the Sharks lost, it was a victory for 15-man rugby today. If I was a betting man I'd probably go with the Brumbies or Sharks (despite tonight) as champions this season, but home advantage will count a lot I reckon come knockout time.

• Advertisement

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Yes they did. Tactics were spot on from what I saw (2nd half only), Ben Smith sublime at mopping up at the back, and Sharks pinned back with accurate kicking. I'll post highlights when available, good tries all round, especially the last one, piece of individual magic.

Here we go sydthebeat...

Swiwi ya legend!

Ta, I'll have a look after the quins saints game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

The competition is so unpredictable this year. The NZ conference is completely up for grabs really.

What a massively impressive performance and result from the highlanders. A bonus point win in Durban doesn't come around very of ton for any team. And what a 4th try that was, superb break.

Chiefs are just decimated with injuries and really need cruden back to get them into the playoffs although the brumbies are just such a solid team and were always going to be very difficult to beat at home.

And another quality home victory for the highly unpredictable blues. Waratahs had way too many basic errors and falou wasn't allowed to get into the game really.
    And Kaino is definitely back now. Awesome performance from him last night

Bring on tonight's game between the hurricanes and the reds. Hurricanes have to win now after yesterday's results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

That last try was sublime.

Shame about the green jerseys though.

Can pick up the 'Landers jersey in the Leinster Store in Donnybrook for the first time outside NZ in as far back as I can remember. Which I might just do.

Here is a fantastic article I stumbled across on GAGR about young up-and-coming players in Super Rugby this year. Really interesting I thought.

The-fifteen-best-young-players-in-super-rugby-2014/

• Advertisement

Morf wrote: »
    That last try was sublime.

Shame about the green jerseys though.

Can pick up the 'Landers jersey in the Leinster Store in Donnybrook for the first time outside NZ in as far back as I can remember. Which I might just do.

They've now lost Popoali'i & Thorn for the season, and their big unit on the wing Patrick Osborne apparently sustained a bad ankle injury last night. Hopefully no more injuries because squad depth is always a concern down south. If Fekitoa keeps playing like this, he won't be an AB bolter, he'll be a certainty. The Blues really missed a trick there cutting him from their squad. Most promising 13 in NZ I've seen for a while, like most countries I guess we really struggle to produce a lot of 13s, and even then to be honest this guy IS actually Tongan born & bred.

Perfect conditions in Wellington for the hurricanes reds match. Hopefully, this leads to some serious attacking play with the talent that's on the field

Lovely try for the Reds.

Now a good try for the Canes. 5-5

Lovely try for the Reds.

Not a bad reply from the hurricanes there.
    Expect a few more in this match.

Great outside speed by Taylor.

Great try! !!

Is every try going to be this good. Should be plenty of tries in this match. 10-8 to the Canes.

Great hands by the Coles at the end of that to get jane of the try line. Hurricanes look like scoring every time they go wide after a few phases

Quade got away with that.

• Advertisement

Crazy start to the second half from Cooper. Very lucky the ref missed that call with the ball going dead.
    Look like Connacht have signed a quality player in jack lam. Great turn of pace and step.

Hurricanes piling on the pressure now. Look like scoring every time they are attacking.

Crazy start to the second half from Cooper. Very lucky the ref missed that call with the ball going dead.
    Look like Connacht have signed a quality player in jack lam. Great turn of pace and step.

Is he anything to pat?

Aki looks good too but raw.

Should be a 4 try bonus point in this for the Canes.

Jack Lam has signed for Bristol not Connacht unfortunately http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/9434/bristol-swoop-for-jack-lam/

Is he anything to pat?

Aki looks good too but raw.

Cousin if I'm not mistaking.
    Quality pick up and off load from savea there. Hurricanes need to kill off this game

Haha cooper!!!

Classic :D

How did Cooper even kick it in that direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

They had advantage, worth a go. Just didn't work.

Jack Lam has signed for Bristol not Connacht unfortunately http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/9434/bristol-swoop-for-jack-lam/

Ah s**t sorry!! Thought it was a no brainer to go to Connacht.

• Advertisement

Jane hat-trick and the bonus point.

How unselfish was Taylor there? ?

Bonus point and hat trick for Jane

Game on.

Why did Simmons kick, was a try if he just passed it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What a try by Fekitoa. Has he made any noise about playing for NZ or Tonga?

OT, anyone think it should be a penalty for kicking the ball out of play deliberately after the hooter?

Terrible decision from Barrett to go for the drop goal. Had 3 or 4 men to his left.

• Advertisement

Game over, poor Frisby.

Should be game over there anyway.

Good fun there at the end

Hurricanes looked pretty impressive there and are looking good to take the NZ conference now.

Up next, the Honey Badger!!

Highlanders win their next game (in hand) and they go top, what a close championship this year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement