Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super XV 2014 General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Crusaders: Colin Slade, Rob Thompson, Reynold Lee-Lo, Ryan Crotty, Nafi Tuitavake, Tom Taylor, Andy Ellis, Kieran Read (c), Richie McCaw, George Whitelock, Sam Whitelock, Dominic Bird, Owen Franks, Corey Flynn, Tim Perry. Reserves: Ben Funnell, Wyatt Crockett, Nepo Laulala, Luke Romano, Matt Todd, Willi Heinz, Adam Whitelock Israel Dagg.

Hmmm. Todd Blackadder is really more & more like Lievremont or PSA these days with his selection policy.

Game of the week is definitely Waratahs v Reds, but Blues v Saders and Chiefs v Highlanders will also be worth a look-see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

A Smith's pass to B Smith for his try was a peach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

06:30 am Saders v Blues on ss2
    08:30 am Rebels v Cheetahs on ss2
    17:10 pm Stormers v Hurricanes live on ss4

Decent chunk of super rugby action tomorrow. I think I am going to aim for the 8:30 game, because its already like 3:25 am and I am still posting.

errlloyd wrote: »
    06:30 am Saders v Blues on ss2
    08:30 am Rebels v Cheetahs on ss2
    17:10 pm Stormers v Hurricanes live on ss4

Decent chunk of super rugby action tomorrow. I think I am going to aim for the 8:30 game, because its already like 3:25 am and I am still posting.

I'm going to aim for the 7.35pm game. It's a tad past my bedtime, but just this once I'm allowed to stay up. Being a Crusaders game and all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nice first try from the crusaders.
    Great hands from the forwards in the build up to the try.

Cracking game here.
    Some quality tries being scored.
    Great individual brilliance from Tuipulotu for the blues second try.
    Mccaw's age may be showing as he has been caught out for both blues first half tries.
    17-15 ht score

Another 2 tries after 5 mins of the second half to the blues.
    Crusaders are she'll shocked

Cracking game here.
    Some quality tries being scored.
    Great individual brilliance from Tuipulotu for the blues second try.
    Mccaw's age may be showing as he has been caught out for both blues first half tries.
    17-15 ht score

Blues line out diabolical. But still in this. McCaw caught out but not the first against flying Polynesians.

Thoroughly underwhelmed by Ray Lee-Lo so far.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Thoroughly underwhelmed by Ray Lee-Lo so far.

The crusaders back line has been thoroughly underwhelming.

• Advertisement

Massive result for the blues.
    Never looked like they would win after the first 25 minutes but showed great effort to come back and take the victory.

No points after two games for the crusaders is quite surprising but I'm sure they will come good.

Massive result for the blues.
    Never looked like they would win after the first 25 minutes but showed great effort to come back and take the victory.

No points after two games for the crusaders is quite surprising but I'm sure they will come good.

Blackadder is having a mare. I know he's a Crusader legend, but he's proving to be a terrible coach. Rob Penney please. I mean starts Slade a 10 at 15, starts Taylor a 12 at 10, starts Dagg a 15 at 23, and then brings him on at 11, and recruits Ray Crap-Lo to the midfield while letting Fruean and Marshall escape to the Chiefs. Not to mention Crockett, Romano, Todd on the bench.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Blackadder is having a mare. I know he's a Crusader legend, but he's proving to be a terrible coach. Rob Penney please. I mean starts Slade a 10 at 15, starts Taylor a 12 at 10, starts Dagg a 15 at 23, and then brings him on at 11, and recruits Ray Crap-Lo to the midfield while letting Fruean and Marshall escape to the Chiefs. Not to mention Crockett, Romano, Todd on the bench.

He could have a great career in Scotland

He could have a great career in Scotland

Or France.

Think I'll have to wait for the weekend roundup before I get to see any of this. My boys are in Melbourne at the minute. Any good sites for play by play updates?

Think I'll have to wait for the weekend roundup before I get to see any of this. My boys are in Melbourne at the minute. Any good sites for play by play updates?

Planetrugby does livescoring.

5-0 to the Rebels who look pretty darn good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Scott Higginbotham cross field kick sets up a try!

Why can't anyone land a place kick in the Super XV?

danthefan wrote: »
    Scott Higginbotham cross field kick sets up a try!
    Why can't anyone land a place kick in the Super XV?

Dunno if you're watching this Dan, but Rebels pretty decent first half. Their SH has been taking all the good options.

Goalkicking has been woeful in the Super XV to date...unless you're a Lions fan.

Dunno if you're watching this Dan, but Rebels pretty decent first half. Their SH has been taking all the good options.

Goalkicking has been woeful in the Super XV to date...unless you're a Lions fan.

Have had half an eye on it, Rebels totally in control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Dreadful decision to go to touch. Plenty of time to get a bonus point.

Dreadful decision by the ref, never a yellow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Come on Rebels.

Rebels need to kill this I think

And that'll do it

Some of the defence is awful tbf.

Great try with 14 men. Rebels are looking good, will be a good team to watch

danthefan wrote: »
    Some of the defence is awful tbf.

I reckon the conditions play a part. Like it is often really hot & humid in Australia. Try tackling after playing a game of squash and you'll know what I mean.

I don't know why Tamati Ellison didn't want to extend his AB career, he is a very good centre.

Red jersey is a bit close to the Rebels one.

• Advertisement

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Great try with 14 men. Rebels are looking good, will be a good team to watch

They will win a few alright. Pyle & Burgess have impressed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

I actually think Taylor is a very good 10. He plays 12 and 15 well too but 10 is his preferred position I believe.

Hickey for the Blues was a revelation. Basically faultless, some decent playmaking and 6/7 goal kicks.

Blackadder has to go after this season unless he pulls a miracle out of the bag. Hammett will be gone unless he somehow can do the same.

hahashake wrote: »
    I actually think Taylor is a very good 10. He plays 12 and 15 well too but 10 is his preferred position I believe.

Hickey for the Blues was a revelation. Basically faultless, some decent playmaking and 6/7 goal kicks.

Blackadder has to go after this season unless he pulls a miracle out of the bag. Hammett will be gone unless he somehow can do the same.

You might be right about Taylor, but in any case TB is making a dog's breakfast of selecting. I thought Tuitivake looked the best of the back 3, but he was pulled to make way for Dagg.

I agree Hickey looked the business for the Blues.

And I also agree that Blackadder and Hammett are on last chance saloon. It's ridiculous that Rob Penney with multiple ITM cup titles couldn't get a super rugby post, and I think from memory Vern Cotter, and maybe even Schmidt were snubbed in their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

You might be right about Taylor, but in any case TB is making a dog's breakfast of selecting. I thought Tuitivake looked the best of the back 3, but he was pulled to make way for Dagg.

I agree Hickey looked the business for the Blues.

And I also agree that Blackadder and Hammett are on last chance saloon. It's ridiculous that Rob Penney with multiple ITM cup titles couldn't get a super rugby post, and I think from memory Vern Cotter, and maybe even Schmidt were snubbed in their time.

The fact a ex-Canterbury front-rower is coaching the Hurricanes makes me think there is too much politics involved. Yes, he was an AB but there are many great coaches who weren't particularly notable players. That being said, I would like Tana to get the Hurricanes job. He has proven to be a decent coach at Counties (not sure how he was at Toulon but that was his first coaching gig).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I've got the place to myself this Sunday, so gonna try and watch one of the Crusaders games. Anyone of them particularly worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

.ak wrote: »
    I've got the place to myself this Sunday, so gonna try and watch one of the Crusaders games. Anyone of them particularly worth watching?

From this year? The one where the Blues won :D

From their entire history? The one where they beat the Warratahs 96-19. Unbelievable game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

And here it is - wish I'd seen it at the time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

stormers the better team but individuals not giving the pass on 3 occasions. Hurricanes score with their first chance. Bit of class from Conrad and TJ with finish by Savea

Can't believe Walsh didn't check offside

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

and another try. great rugby by the canes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Stormers or Bulls for the SA conference wooden spoon.
    Coming from a Stormers supporter.
    I havent watched either of the games, but doesnt look like their new attacking plan is working.

• Advertisement

Well, they still won...

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    From this year? The one where the Blues won :D

From their entire history? The one where they beat the Warratahs 96-19. Unbelievable game.

Was at that game. From memory Mehrtens kicked 13/14 conversions. Those were the days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Debating wether or not I will get up to watch the Reds in the morning.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Debating wether or not I will get up to watch the Reds in the morning.

2 words. Cooper. Folau.

Anyone else up with the earlybirds to watch this? Nicely taken Chiefs try there makes it 7-3.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Highlanders looking like a completely different team than last year. .... dare i say that they've gotten rid of some dead wood during the summer?

I'm expecting good things this year.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Highlanders looking like a completely different team than last year. .... dare i say that they've gotten rid of some dead wood during the summer?

I'm expecting good things this year.

Played well, didnt set for the droppie at the end there, but then which NZ team ever does? Slight lack of X factor, but looking much better than 2013.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Played well, didnt set for the droppie at the end there, but then which NZ team ever does? Slight lack of X factor, but looking much better than 2013.

Yeah they look a lot more structured and consistent at 1 - 23. Some silly mistakes but I'll put that down to opening game cobwebs.

2.31 for Folau this week.

Lovely offloads there for the try. Folau is really struggling in his second season. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement