Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The FA are really having a bad day!

• 10-02-2014 6:27pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭

retrospective action:

no action/no charges....

article-2555175-1B50098000000578-311_634x366.jpg

article-2555175-1B4D296100000578-319_634x410.jpg

action taken/charged....

article-2555175-1B5419C800000578-329_634x474.jpg

What am i missed here?

surely both deserve the same charge/response?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Disgraceful favouritism.
    As Neil Diamond sang "Money Talks".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't know why you've posted those Yaya pictures. You can't actually see any of what he did in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

CSF wrote: »
    I don't know why you've posted those Yaya pictures. You can't actually see any of what he did in them.
    the first picture clearly shows Toure kicking Van Wolfsinkal

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

CSF wrote: »

He pinched Wolfswinkels arse and asked him out on a date, but Wolfswinkel is devastated cause he is just recently engaged.

Like WTF is there not to see.

confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, Toure's offence was a lghtening-type reaction & not too malicious. Bellamy, on the other hand ran at his opponent with a clinched fist, but did'nt score with it. Plenty of intent, though.

Having said all that, both should be carpetted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A joke of a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thought Yaya decision was correct myself, not a clear cut red card, depends on the ref imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Oh look, more dodgy decisions favoring Man City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

dahat wrote: »
    Thought Yaya decision was correct myself, not a clear cut red card, depends on the ref imo.

With the appropriate amount of respect, if you don't think kicking people as they lie on the ground is a red, you should read up on the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Both reds but not really comparable incidents. Toure's looked like spur of the moment while Bellamy chased after the guy. Plus 'Bellers' has plenty of previous for acting like a scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I haven't seen the Bellamy incident but I can understand somewhat why the Toure one wasn't given.

It just looks like one of those split second reactions that you don't even consider until you've done it, doesn't look particularly malicious or forceful.

I certainly don't believe that he should get away with it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I am pie wrote: »
    With the appropriate amount of respect, if you don't think kicking people as they lie on the ground is a red, you should read up on the rules.

It was hardly a kick, more of a flick in my eyes,hardly a severe act of retribution,yellow card to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Didn't Rooney get away with the same earlier in the season. Kicking players off the ball is not a red card it would seem. Of course Jose had to get involved as well, not like him to talk about other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

If anything the pic of Toure makes it look far worse than it actually was. He didnt take a big swing at him or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Really need the Yaya one in gif form before I can make any judgement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mourinho sticking his nose in too......someone needs to remind him about Torres scratching Vertonghen earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

nothing new here, FA always f*ck up these decisions, they have lots of previous in that regard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Agueroooo wrote: »
    He pinched Wolfswinkels arse and asked him out on a date, but Wolfswinkel is devastated cause he is just recently engaged.

Like WTF is there not to see.

confused.
    The picture just shows his foot beside him, doesn't show the point of contact at all. Like I've seen the footage so I know it happened, but those photos alone would leave me none the wiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

genuinely bellamy punches the guy in the head. Whats the issue. You want to talk retrospective why is the flying elbow from van wolfswinkle being ignored and the kick/attempted kick being the focus. Surely you must punish both if you're talking what can be deemed red card worthy.

Personally dont think its the FA having a bad day I do however feel you're paying a little too much attention to Mourinho. Honestly now if you ask him about this incident in 3 days time there will be a Man City Swat team shooting random norwich players according to him

Mourinhio is clever. There'll be focus on Toure and City now next game.

He's just trying to gain any edge in a title race which could go to the wire.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Mourinhio is clever. There'll be focus on Toure and City now next game.

He's just trying to gain any edge in a title race which could go to the wire.

Yep dead right thats exactly it unfortunately people buy into it.

I do think Toure was lucky to stay on even if theres little contact in it, but I dont think its an astonishingly decision by the FA. They simply saved themselves a headache by backing the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wonder how the fa will manage to blame Andy Carroll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If Fulham are allowed to get their game against Liverpool called off because of the proposed tube strikes, when they were able to host Sheffield United despite the strikes actually being on last week, then the FA will have outdone themselves this week.

Fulham are clearly trying it on because they don't fancy playing an in-form Liverpool side who have had an extra days rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What; you mean like the disallowed Negredo goal against Newcastle on the opening weekend (given offside, but clearly onside)
    An offside Villa goal at Villa Park
    A foul on Milner in the build up to Sunderland's winner at the SOL
    A shocking tackle by Larsson on Garcia in the same match (should have been a red card)
    Skrtel's repeated shirt tugging on Kompany in the boxing day game at the Etihad
    Yanga Mbiwa's shocking ''tackle'' (loose definition of the term) on Nasri that should have earned him a red card at St James' Park
    An offside Swansea goal at the Liberty Stadium
    A nailed on penalty at WHL that we didn't get (Naughton only handled the ball 4 times in the one incident).

Yep; all the decisions going our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Correct decisions if you ask me Yaya's was soft, Bellamys was blatant

blueser wrote: »
    What; you mean like the disallowed Negredo goal against Newcastle on the opening weekend (given offside, but clearly onside)
    An offside Villa goal at Villa Park
    A foul on Milner in the build up to Sunderland's winner at the SOL
    A shocking tackle by Larsson on Garcia in the same match (should have been a red card)
    Skrtel's repeated shirt tugging on Kompany in the boxing day game at the Etihad
    Yanga Mbiwa's shocking ''tackle'' (loose definition of the term) on Nasri that should have earned him a red card at St James' Park
    An offside Swansea goal at the Liberty Stadium
    A nailed on penalty at WHL that we didn't get (Naughton only handled the ball 4 times in the one incident).

Yep; all the decisions going our way.

No you fool the other ones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Moneymaker wrote: »

Oh oh! Here come the pot and kettle :rolleyes:

Iang87 wrote: »
    No you fool the other ones :rolleyes:
    Damn; I forgot all about those. Still; Maureenho will remind me, no doubt!

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

RickyvanWolfswinkel ‏@RvWolfswinkel9 1h
    Good to see Touré not getting suspended. Players like him belong on the pitch! What happens at Carrow Road stays at Carrow Road.
    ✌️
    Expand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yaya = not that type of player and a good lad

Bellamy = the lad has a reputation

Yaya = not that type of player and a good lad

Bellamy = the lad has a reputation
    Actually (and I am a born and bred City fan), he does have a bit of a petulant, ''toys out of the pram'' attitude at times, particularly when things aren't going his way. Some of his tackles can be, let's be generous, mistimed. But it's true, he doesn't have the reputation that Bellamy would have. And it's good to see the Norwich lad tweeting what he did earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

RickyvanWolfswinkel ‏@RvWolfswinkel9 1h
    Things happen on the pitch
    But we all enjoy watching him play
    So get on with it and enjoy the football
    That's what it's all about

That's quite refreshing to see. Toure probably apologized after the game to him. Or Ricky is just a sound lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

not really the FAs' fault
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26115540
    "The FA will be criticised for this decision but all they have done is listen to the recommendations of the three former elite referees who reviewed the footage.

"The same panel of referees are used for each incident that is reviewed and all three must answer 'yes' for the player to be charged.

"The system is designed to promote consistency but some may argue that on this occasion it has fallen short."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Or Ricky is just a sound lad.

So sound that he threw himself to the floor and played dead for a good 20 seconds until he realised Yaya wasn't getting sent off. Then he jumped up, not a bother, and tried to play the hard man :rolleyes:

FWIW, I'd have had no objections to Yaya being sent off or getting a retrospective ban for being a tit and kicking him in the first place. Van Wolfswinkel was equally a tit though for his reaction so I'll hold off on the praise for a face saving tweet.

Advertisement