Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah ban

Options
  • 10-02-2014 8:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭

I received a ban on AH for getting involved in a somewhat heated discussion with a MOD.

Now obviously I was reported,
    as I was banned by a different mod to the individual in question.

I had flagged the mod on a number of occasions for their behaviour and nothing was done about it. Unfortunately it seems to me that there's one rule for the user(me) and another for the mod, captain midnight.

The thread in question has been full of snipes and snide remarks..and this has been allowed to continue. I have no problem with that provided people are treated equally.

I received no infractions prior to either of my bans.

You have been banned!

Date: 08/02/2014 | 02:48
    Dear Blahblah2012,

You have been banned from After Hours for three weeks for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

Ruubot2

There was NO warning on the thread for anyone to "reign things in".
    I just got banned. Simple as.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Blahblah2012,

Firstly the fact that the poster you were arguing with is a mod has no impact on your ban. He is a mod of a different forum on Boards, which means on AH, he is treated the same as any regular poster such as yourself.

To the ban in question, you were banned for one week (reduced to 3 days after discussion with the mod) for arguing and personal abuse. You continued arguing and got an infraction. You then continued arguing and earned this ban. Those were the mod instructions you ignored. The section of the ban PM which states "when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in" is automated, but the reason for the ban "Ignoring Mod Instruction" is still applicable. The mod instructions were your previous ban/infraction for arguing with the other poster.

Ban upheld. You may request an admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No need to request admin review.

I've just gone through the latter stages of thread and the amount of childish abuse spouted more than justifies the ban. "Capt'n midshîte"? Really?

Grow up OP if you want continue to debate with adults on Boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement