Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding a blue 3 pin round socket

Options
  • 10-02-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I want to get a blue 3 pin round socket installed by a welder. I will get an electrician to do it but was just wondering is there much work involved and cost too I suppose. the circuit board would be about 20 feet away from where I want the socket. so whats involved. will it take long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Should be fairly straight forward.

Price and time frame works be dependant on what size supply you want ie.what size welder you have.

A 32A socket should suffice but again, your electrician will advise. A new MCB will be required in the board and make sure it's suitable for welders otherwise it may nuisance trip.

The size of v the cable feeding the distribution board will need to be checked for adequacy too.

Advertisement