Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightclub in Dungarvan

• 10-02-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I'm looking to have a joint hen and stag party in Dungarvan.
    The Park hotel are offering us passes to Creation as part of the package.
    I'm just looking for reviews?
    We're all 30ish so no point in going somewhere full of teeny boppers.

Also, any pub and restaurant recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

There are 2 nightclubs in Dungarvan.

Minny's also know as Creation & Davitts.

Creation is by far the best of the two. It would have a 20ish crowd but not overly teeny bopper.
    Most 30 somethings would go to Minnies bar which is the bar part of Creation.

If ye want to eat "somewhere special" Try Paul Flynns place, The Tannery. Great grub & not outrageously expensive 30e a person ish.

Merrys Pub / Crews / Queallys would be other food options.

Lots of great pubs for a 30's gang in Dungarvan.

The Lady Belle / The Moorings / Merrys would be my suggestions & maybe on a Friday night if it's not too crowded The Local.

I'd consider Dungarvan to be a good spot for a stag or hen, No hassle and locals would be friendly compared to some other places that might be a bit stag-heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Thanks a million for the reply. The park hotel have given us the option of a 3 course meal there. Would we be better off eating elsewhere do you think?

Think we will definitely go with Dungarvan now though.
    Hopefully Mick is still the night porter in the hotel, we were there about 5 years ago and stayed up all night talking and drinking in the residents bar.

Could I ask one more question? The night we r planning on going is may 24th, champions league final night! Is there a good pub for watching matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

pooch90 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the reply. The park hotel have given us the option of a 3 course meal there. Would we be better off eating elsewhere do you think?

Hopefully Mick is still the night porter in the hotel, we were there about 5 years ago and stayed up all night talking and drinking in the residents bar.

Could I ask one more question? The night we r planning on going is may 24th, champions league final night! Is there a good pub for watching matches?

Hey Pooch,

Good advice from Comeragh there. The hotel food is excellent but you really are spoilt for choice in Dungarvan (my suggestion eat in Moorings on Saturday and enjoy good pints after watching CL in Lady Belle-lots of TV's. Have Sunday lunch in Park before heading home.

Yes Mick is still night porter.

John Keanes would probably be regarded as Dungarvan's football pub especially if you are a Man Utd fan.

The Lady Belle & The Anchor for rugby & The Local for GAA

http://solasnamara.ie/

These are new seaweed baths that have opened out in Ring & might be ideal for some of the Ladies (& gents) in the group. I haven't been myself yet but I've heard good reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Thanks a million for all the help. Full steam ahead now. The seaweed baths look lovely, maybe for himself and myself some other time.
    He's a Man U supporter so thanks for that.
    Really looking forward to it now.
    Hope you're not washed away down there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Man Utd and Champions League Final.

I don't see the connection?

The Lady Belle for sport, The Moorings for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

if you like to play a bit of poker there is a great game in the Shandon Arms pub on a Friday night . Standard is pretty high though , 4 players from this game finished in top 20 in recent massive game at Clonmel Coursing event. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Ah you'll find a load of pubs that'll have the champions league final on. Keane's will definitely have it as will Lady Belle (could be packed) Downeys (could also be packed). Dillons Bar will have it and they have a fair few tvs with snooker and pool tables as well. Anchor might have it but clientele could be bit young for you. And one of the posters advised you on Minnies Bar...I would definitely choose that above Creation but at that time of the night it shouldn't really matter ha ha!! When you're leaving Creation or Minnie's Bar just don't forget to go to Mousie's chip van in the car park across the way...food should set you up for less of a hangover the following morning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭newholland mad

pooch90 wrote: »

Stayed there last summer excellent hotel but i would skip the 3 course meal and head down town far better options there, dont get me wrong nothing wrong with the food but only ok.

Advertisement