Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lords of the Fallen [PS4/XB1/PC]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

My copy has a cd soundtrack and two dlc packs inside :)

Booo-urns to the 5.4 gb patch that needs installing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Review all seem quite good so far, its not amazing but seems to be quite a good game, will not have it till next week though.
    GameInformer: 8.5
    IGN: 7.4
    Polygon: 7.5
    Readers Gambit: 7
    Gametrailers: 7.3
    Polish Mag CD Action: 9
    MMGN: 7
    Moviepilot: 7.8
    TwinFinite - 3/5 or "Good"
    Gry Online - 9.2 [Warning: Not english]
    Gamers Temple: 7.8
    GameZone: 7
    Gamespot: 8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's downloading slooooowly on my PS4. 2 files, main one is around 5GB and there is an update of 4GB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus 4 gig update :O

Just played it for 15 minutes, this seems easy I thought so threw caution to the wind forgetting everything dark souls ever thought me up some stairs where I meet my doom :pac:

Right I'll have my revenge, so off I run not realising all the enemies respawn , slapped the f down again :pac:

Early days but there is a lot to like so far about this.

• Advertisement

Biggest issue so far after that 1st boss who's overhead attack could magically track you while rolling to the side more often than not and wreck you is the range of the sword, it just feels short to me :confused:

Like when you evade an attack you have to get closer to hit them than you feel you should if that makes sense :confused: that also makes the window you have for a free hit if it was a heavy hit you dodged much smaller :mad:

I'm finding the screen tearing is hurting my eyes. I thought the day 1 patch was gonna resolve that issue.
    I'm enjoying the gameplay but I quit out at one stage, assuming it was autosaving all the while (like a certain game it's inspired by) only to spawn back at some rune stone twenty minutes back.
    It does feel a bit better when you get lighter armour. I went with the soldier class I think with the hammer. I was tanking around but with some lighter clobber I'm dancing about a lot freer.

I think was going the same route you were, just got the
    gauntlets
    and felt a little over powered then with my new toy. That was until I met
    the commander
    Might have to go fat to that fight when my rage recedes :p

Edit: Yeah going fat to that fight was the way to go !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ya, it's available to buy on the Playstation Store now.

How much is it on PSN? Im in work and have very limited access to the interweb.

How much is it on PSN? Im in work and have very limited access to the interweb.

70 big ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

70 big ones.

Hells Bells. €70 quid seems to be the go-to figure these days on PSN. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hells Bells. €70 quid seems to be the go-to figure these days on PSN. :(

If it ends up like Bound By Flame did it could be down to about 30 Euro in a few months and less in a sale.

I was in the city earlier with time to kill and no where had it , so they obviously didn't get the memo to say the release was moved up, anyway for those looking for it it's 57.99 in argos and it's the limited one with the dlc and soundtrack cd, it won't come up on the stock checker but it will on the web site so just get a reserve code first and head in.

My god the amount of secret and hidden stuff I missed in the first area of the game alone is crazy, just checking a video there and I did find some of the stuff they don't even mention :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So how are early impressions? Is it worth it? I've heard the PC version has a lot of problems!

Big Knox wrote: »
    So how are early impressions? Is it worth it? I've heard the PC version has a lot of problems!

It's good in many way very good even. Very Dark Souls but without the same atmosphere. There is a tonne of hidden stuff that you could easily walk passed so it encourages exploration and requires some thought like a pressure switch I found in an already secret room I could hear the door opening but couldn't find get to it quick enough, I was only later when using a spell did it click with me.

The combat feels familiar but there does not seem to be any advantage to circling to their back as there doesn't seem to be a back stab, I feels the windows for attack are bit off even with heavy armor something feels off about them I know going heavy will have a negative impact on some things but even so, and there are a couple of larger shielded enemies that I haven't been able to work out how to kill effectively other than slowly wearing them down with ranged gauntlet attacks.

The bad???? This game has had a noticeable downgrade to it's visuals from all the videos I have seen, no screen tearing that I've noticed on XBOX and am aware that the videos were likely PC gameplay but still it's not as good looking as I was expecting it's almost as if there is vasoline on the camera :pac: image is not as sharp as it should be. The lighting effects while realistic can be actually quite annoying on the eyes lots of light streaming in windows and and lense flare and partical dust effects.

I've only done 3 boss fights so far and while the bosses themselves looked nothing special they have been different in their attacks and strategy to beat them the 3rd one being the best so far.

The game seems to throw loot at you too which is cool but I don't like how they get displayed in the inventory, on the small view they don't show the most important stats, which is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Getting my copy at the weekend, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is there a narrative in this? or is it like dark souls in that regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

calex71 wrote: »
    The combat feels familiar but there does not seem to be any advantage to circling to their back as there doesn't seem to be a back stab,

You can definitely backstab. I do it all the time. I'm using a mace so my backstab animation trips the enemy and then pummels him as he lays on the ground.

The difficulty does ramp up. The first 2 bosses are quite easy by comparison. I went with a Paladin class. Heavy armour with defensive spells. I'm levelling Faith and Endurance mostly. The slow time spell is great fun. :p
    is there a narrative in this? or is it like dark souls in that regard?

Yes, it does have a story. A lot of it is told through cutscenes unlike Dark Souls. You will know whats going on.

Kirby wrote: »
    You can definitely backstab. I do it all the time. I'm using a mace so my backstab animation trips the enemy and then pummels him as he lays on the ground.

The difficulty does ramp up. The first 2 bosses are quite easy by comparison. I went with a Paladin class. Heavy armour with defensive spells. I'm levelling Faith and Endurance mostly. The slow time spell is great fun. :p

Yes, it does have a story. A lot of it is told through cutscenes unlike Dark Souls. You will know whats going on.

Weird, I've seen some animations with heavier weapons I've used for instant kills or heavy damage but nothing with light ones, might run back to the 2nd boss area and respec and put a few more points into agility as I've not put anything it that yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just killed the Infiltrator(spider boss) on my first try. Satisfying. What makes that even funnier is that during the livestream the Devs did about a week ago, the dev playing kept dying to it. And they made the game. :p

This game makes you feel like such a badass. I found a staff with a 20 faith requirement and I'm levelling faith. You can hit like 6 times in about 2 seconds with a staff....it's sick. You wreck the enemies. So I get to fly about like the Red Viper of Dorn. :D

Spells seem too strong just like souls. The blue defensive magic has two really powerful spells. The first is a time slow which makes non boss enemies incredibly slow so you can wail on them for free and the second is a regen spell that gives you all your health back. It takes 18 faith to max but when you do, it feels overpowered. That could do with a nerf.

I'm quite enjoying it so far.

Kirby wrote: »
    Just killed the Infiltrator(spider boss) on my first try. Satisfying. What makes that even funnier is that during the livestream the Devs did about a week ago, the dev playing kept dying to it. And they made the game. :p

This game makes you feel like such a badass. I found a staff with a 20 faith requirement and I'm levelling faith. You can hit like 6 times in about 2 seconds with a staff....it's sick. You wreck the enemies. So I get to fly about like the Red Viper of Dorn. :D

Spells seem too strong just like souls. The blue defensive magic has two really powerful spells. The first is a time slow which makes non boss enemies incredibly slow so you can wail on them for free and the second is a regen spell that gives you all your health back. It takes 18 faith to max but when you do, it feels overpowered. That could do with a nerf.

I'm quite enjoying it so far.

Do you find with the bosses you never get that "oh no how am I going to beat this guy" feeling from them??? Like the guy in the graveyard had more holes in his defence than a sieve.

Am I right in thinking you can't spec into the other magic trees? You just have to stick to the 4 spells for your chosen class?

Think I'm at the same point as you now also just did the spider boss and have to back track to an area that I was in earlier and was destroyed in by fatty's and dogs.

Am I right in thinking you can't spec into the other magic trees? You just have to stick to the 4 spells for your chosen class?

Correct, you're stuck with it until NG+.

whats the deal with the compass ring and the other one you get for the 3 symbols early on never found what that one was supposed to lead to, I've tried equipping them in likely places and haven't discovered anything.

Guys don't like me and only have cursory glance at the stats cards for the gear, for ages I was walking around with a nice polesword without seeing the text "heavy attack creates a healing pool" d'oh :o

Where did you get your copy Calex71?

logik wrote: »
    Where did you get your copy Calex71?

Argos, like I said earlier in the week I was in dublin an even gamestop and hmv didn't have it , they were sticking to the friday release date from the look of it.

I've not had time to play this much but I've got to the second boss and it definitely gets better as you get used to the weapons & items.
    Should have a few free hours this weekend to really tear into it.
    The bosses are not easy and require some time to find a weakness.
    There is a great combat mechanic for timing your swings. When you get it right you don't use as much stamina and you can easily get 4 or 5 swings on an opponent before backing off.

Argos, like I said earlier in the week I was in dublin an even gamestop and hmv didn't have it , they were sticking to the friday release date from the look of it.

Cheers, will most likely have to get it in Smyths myself as I want to trade in Ryse and Destiny against it. Smyths are usually priced well against Argos. Argos does seem to be the cheapest for new games though.

• Advertisement

logik wrote: »
    Cheers, will most likely have to get it in Smyths myself as I want to trade in Ryse and Destiny against it. Smyths are usually priced well against Argos. Argos does seem to be the cheapest for new games though.

They do indeed just did a check there 58.99 for sunset overdrive , so I know where I'll be going when I have no trades to get rid of and want a day one copy.

Advertisement