Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lords of the Fallen [PS4/XB1/PC]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

calex71 wrote: »
    Guys don't like me and only have cursory glance at the stats cards for the gear, for ages I was walking around with a nice polesword without seeing the text "heavy attack creates a healing pool" d'oh :o

One of the pole axes I found did something similar. You know the spikes that graveyard boss created? It did that with a heavy attack. Pretty cool. But I went back to my fire staff. Thing is godlike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nearing end game now I think , just encountered the best boss fight in the game
    the lost brothers
    which came as a total surprise and no warning

Spoilers for this fight
    Real nod to O&M from Dark Souls even drop different loot depending on the order you kill them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Amazon copy arrived on Thursday, haven't had a chance to turn it on yet.
    Worked out around 54 EUR delivered.

Any advice on which classes/magic is beneficial starting off ? How much can you respec later?

Amazon copy arrived on Thursday, haven't had a chance to turn it on yet.
    Worked out around 54 EUR delivered.

Any advice on which classes/magic is beneficial starting off ? How much can you respec later?

I went with brawler, magic isn't great on him I find and only one of the gauntlet modes is worth while even then you have to but a top end fire rune into it for it to be worth it, not sure if other classes have same gauntlet think they do, I specced for strength but looking at some of the gear I have I might have been better going with faith, at the same time making my magic a bit more effective. That said I'n not having much difficulty surviving and doing damage with my stuff.

You get to respec once with an item found near the start of the game but I used it to get an achievement and weapon which was crap , but to be honest by the time you have progressed enough to warrant a respec you'll likely have put points into other things to balance you out, so for me the achievement was worth more :D

Spoiler for where I used it
    On one of the statues when you fight the beast boss , he will walk over and smash it when he loses his 1st chunk of health anf you can pick up a weapon there after the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I specced for strength but looking at some of the gear I have I might have been better going with faith, at the same time making my magic a bit more effective.

I went Faith and I'm enjoying it but the problem is that there are only really 4 good faith weapons in the game.....two of them have no scaling, one is at 3% and one is at 10%.

But there are tons of strength and agility weapons worth having. At least 10 of each and a lot of them have high scaling. They messed up the itemization a little bit in that regard.

• Advertisement

Finished it there, over all its a fine game, but tiny compared to dark souls.

The final boss after all that had come before had some seriously cheap moves.

I just wish they had been more ambitious with it and made it bigger and given the game more depth, Dark Souls lite is the best way to sum it up.

Also the cutscene at the start on the mountain
    once you finish the game that seems to have been tacked on because it looked good, unless I missed something It really had little place in the game
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Got this at the weekend, very nice so far. Went for my usual heavy armor tank setup. Ohhh it is very very much like Dark Souls but only a fraction as hard. I cleared the first area including the first boss without dying. Infact, I am yet to die in the game. I went in all sheepish expecting to be destroyed by a simple enemy but they are a cake walk. Me thinks I will enjoy this game.

@calex71 - When you have a minute, can you check the size of this game on your XO HD? Everywhere I read says it should be in the region of 11GB? My one is only showing 5~GB. Surely that is wrong, am I missing the patch?

logik wrote: »
    @calex71 - When you have a minute, can you check the size of this game on your XO HD? Everywhere I read says it should be in the region of 11GB? My one is only showing 5~GB. Surely that is wrong, am I missing the patch?

Yeah it shows at 5.5gb but does have the little white controller+ icon on the game art showing that it has been updated. I know it did download a fairly sizeable update when I installed it off the disc last week.

Yeah the update was 5.1GB! Took forever to download and I am on 102MB fibre...

• Advertisement

Finding the Lost Brothers boss fight very tough. I nearly 1 shotted all bosses to date as I am slightly overpowered level wise for them and just steam rolled them but these Brothers are kicking my ass.

I am a Warrior build with 25 Str, 18 End and 18 Vit so loads of Health and Energy. I can wear heavy armor and still bounce around the screen but these guys Fire and Electrical damage is making a mess of me.

They attack so fast aswell, you can hardly get a hit in on them.

Anyone have any tips?

I've not be back to for a while take out the lightning one 1st he's pretty soft. Then for the fire one don't get greedy 1/2 hits max as you learn his pattern. From what I remember I used the gauntlet a lot on him.

Also I think the point of no return is in or around that point of the game so finish up with everything else if it's not already too late.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is 33 on amazon atm, worth it at that price? I Could never get into dark souls.

This is 33 on amazon atm, worth it at that price? I Could never get into dark souls.

What didn't Dark Souls do for you? Was it the dying all the time or?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya I just couldn't get the hang of it really, I was always dieing, I really wanted to like the game

Ya I just couldn't get the hang of it really, I was always dieing, I really wanted to like the game

Well if it was just the dying that annoyed you, I would go and get Lords of the Fallen. It is Dark Souls "ish" but without the difficulty. Only a fraction as hard as Dark Souls. I enjoyed it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Whats the game like lengthwise and is there much replayability to it? Thinking of getting it today while its on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Whats the game like lengthwise and is there much replayability to it? Thinking of getting it today while its on sale

It took me about 40 hours, but I did pretty much all you could do in the game, it has a NG+ and a NG ++ which let you unlock a new spell path.

Where is it on sale?

Where is it on sale?

Xbox sale, it's down to about €40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ordered LE from thegamecollection for 22.50 over the weekend

Xbox sale, it's down to about €40.

Ah,no good so :P

Work on a sequel underway http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-17-there-will-be-a-lords-of-the-fallen-2

Just hope they are more ambitious this time and give us a bigger game with more depth.

Got it off amazon for 45 for ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Easier than Dark Souls my ass, I can't make any headway at all :( Currently stuck in the Bridge area with a Rouge and a Warrior, both are useless

Easier than Dark Souls my ass, I can't make any headway at all :( Currently stuck in the Bridge area with a Rouge and a Warrior, both are useless

Haven't started it yet but maybe you just need to level up or something?

Haven't started it yet but maybe you just need to level up or something?

I didn't die until the area in question, so I didn't drop and Exp. Point :( Think I'm at Level 30 or something, not long after the first Tyrant

I didn't die until the area in question, so I didn't drop and Exp. Point :( Think I'm at Level 30 or something, not long after the first Tyrant

What kind of class are you playing? I found the game so much easier than Dark Souls. I played a warrior with a shield and you can block nearly every attack. Just take your time on enemies and you will chop them down in no time.

• Advertisement

logik wrote: »
    What kind of class are you playing? I found the game so much easier than Dark Souls. I played a warrior with a shield and you can block nearly every attack. Just take your time on enemies and you will chop them down in no time.

Currently using a Warrior, which is Heavy Melee and Brawler magic. Might restart again, do some more exploring and see if any new weapons pop up, as that could easily be my problem.

I hated heavy characters in Dark Souls, the sooner I could ninja flip the better off I was so that probably isn't helping here.

Advertisement