Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lords of the Fallen [PS4/XB1/PC]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I haven't played it since it came out so memory of the route through the game is foggy, but you really should not be struggling to the extent that you are blocked from progressing and having to start over at that point.

Either you are button mashing (which I doubt you are) or more likely not going the right way and should head elsewhere and revisit there later. From my foggy memory I think you have beat the Commander boss in the square???? So you should really be going to the right up the steps after that , there are a few heavy dudes along there beside the cathedral that need some practice at timing from there you bear right under a little tower thing and down hill to a graveyard for another boss.

If I recall you can also head back a bit after the Commander fight to partially explore another area you should now have a key for.

Edit: Bosses drop some of the best stuff but they have to be beaten meeting a particular criteria , for example in the case of the Commander, he needs to be beaten without blocking for his best loot to drop.

Edit Edit: Wait I reread your post and you may be further than I first though, by bridge did you mean the one where you get a sweeping cinematic of it and whats ahead when you enter the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Currently using a Warrior, which is Heavy Melee and Brawler magic. Might restart again, do some more exploring and see if any new weapons pop up, as that could easily be my problem.

I hated heavy characters in Dark Souls, the sooner I could ninja flip the better off I was so that probably isn't helping here.

Go with the rogue then and forget the heavy approach. Rogue does serious damage and is like the light classes in Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

calex71 wrote: »
    I haven't played it since it came out so memory of the route through the game is foggy, but you really should not be struggling to the extent that you are blocked from progressing and having to start over at that point.

Either you are button mashing (which I doubt you are) or more likely not going the right way and should head elsewhere and revisit there later. From my foggy memory I think you have beat the Commander boss in the square???? So you should really be going to the right up the steps after that , there are a few heavy dudes along there beside the cathedral that need some practice at timing from there you bear right under a little tower thing and down hill to a graveyard for another boss.

If I recall you can also head back a bit after the Commander fight to partially explore another area you should now have a key for.

Edit: Bosses drop some of the best stuff but they have to be beaten meeting a particular criteria , for example in the case of the Commander, he needs to be beaten without blocking for his best loot to drop.

Edit Edit: Wait I reread your post and you may be further than I first though, by bridge did you mean the one where you get a sweeping cinematic of it and whats ahead when you enter the area?

Its the area after the Graveyard boss, after Kaslo opens the portal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Its the area after the Graveyard boss, after Kaslo opens the portal

Ah yes, the Tyrants and the boss in the main arena area. You need to pull all the mobs before the boss to make it a little easier. Also you can destroy the urns in a circle in the middle of the arena and this will distract the boss allowing you to put some pain on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

jeez, this commander is a tougher 2nd boss than the Taurus demon. Taking very little health with each hit of my monk staff and I only have 5 healing potions to play with. I have the catacombs key but figure I need to beat this guy to use it?

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    jeez, this commander is a tougher 2nd boss than the Taurus demon. Taking very little health with each hit of my monk staff and I only have 5 healing potions to play with. I have the catacombs key but figure I need to beat this guy to use it?

Trick is to stay close and circle , he telegraphs his attacks. When he uses the shield get your attacks in but don't get greedy.

That goes for nearly every fight in the game, knowing the move set of the weapon and how many hits you can get in safely and when will see you right in most cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Picked this up today. Am I mad or is it worth it? I also got The Surge. Think I'll start with this given its the older game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

I really enjoyed this and played it through to completion..

Picked this up today. Am I mad or is it worth it? I also got The Surge. Think I'll start with this given its the older game.

I thought it was poor, gave up in the second area. Its something I'm open to coming back to, it just really didn't click with me.

You're definitely mad at this stage, no question about it.

Admit it, your a souls junkie!

• Advertisement

Admit it, your a souls junkie!

Ha! You might have a point.

So the second Boss is kicking my arse. Started off with a warrior but fat rolling was painful so restarted as a Cleric. Stuck on both classes with second boss. Have been enjoying it so far but commander was first challenge.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I found it a bit slow at first after coming from the souls games but once I got into it it was very enjoyable.

Hmm. Seems broken. I was fighting second boss again and cast that spell where you make a clone thing to distract the enemy and then when trying to lock on to the enemy instead I locked on to my clone and killed it. First time in a long time I shouted at my TV as I'd nearly got him.

Those spider things that make more spiders are brutal too.

I thought it was poor, gave up in the second area. Its something I'm open to coming back to, it just really didn't click with me.

You're definitely mad at this stage, no question about it.

What did you not like about it DS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

I found it a very decent game. cant get into the dark souls games though for some reason.

Got the bastard eventually. On we go. Thank feck for that. Just need to get used to the combat I'd say. Think I'll like it based on what I've played so far even though that second boss drove me crazy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Liked the idea of this game but christ that first boss was tough going!

Liked the idea of this game but christ that first boss was tough going!

I found first Boss OK, didn't die to it. Second was a bastard and third was cheap as f**k. One shot kill. Had to look up a guide and can't see anybody knowing how to avoid that attack without checking up on it. Did you stick with it or give up?

I gave up at graveyard, second boss I think.

I gave up at graveyard, second boss I think.

That's the third boss. One I mentioned above that has a cheap one shot kill. Ended up switching off earlier, was starting to get really annoyed. Hope I can get back into it tomorrow.

• Advertisement

That's the third boss. One I mentioned above that has a cheap one shot kill. Ended up switching off earlier, was starting to get really annoyed. Hope I can get back into it tomorrow.

This was my problem with the game, it annoyed me far too much.

Sure you get frustrated and annoyed at the Souls games but I don't remember being annoyed with them, just fed up and defeated at times.

But this pissed me off, it was confusing and difficult and very obtuse and seemed unfair at times

There are a few bosses in that were it matters little how many healing items you have or how big your health bar is. I have no shame what so ever in admitting to cheesing the judge, for the achievement for killing him with the keepers weapon.

Advertisement