Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa debit withdrawls philippines

Options
  • 10-02-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Please Help!!!

ive been trying to use my visa debit boi card at ATMs here in the philippines but it keeps showing "invalid transaction" ive tried 3 different bank types and varying amounts as low as 2000 peso but still no luck...before travelling i informed boi that ill be here and they made note of this....I rang boi and they said there is no block on my card and all should be ok.. the fraud dept in boi rang me and said there is aprox an 80euro limit per day on withdrawls but this doesnt make sense as i cant withdarw anything....
    ive used the very same card last year with no problem and im 99% sure the card isnt damaged as i withdrew money last week in ireland... 
    this is really frustrating as i dont know whats going on.. ive spent a small fortune on calls to boi
    please note at point of pay in a supermarket it works but not for cash at atms
    PLEASE CAN BOI EXPLAIN THE SITUATION AS THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT, I HAVE LIMITED MEANS WITHOUT THIS CARD
    Thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

try 10,000 pesos

If you are to withdraw from the issuing bank's ATM machine you are allowed to withdraw a maximum of P20,000/day.

If you are to withdraw from another bank's ATM machine, you are allowed to withdraw maximum of P4,000 per transaction, P20,000/day.

Bank of the Philippine Islands, Metrobank, banco de oro  and Equitable-PCI will all work for you.

ATM chip cards cannot be used on the PLUS/Cirrus ATM network

ask the irish embassy

http://www.scmp.com/news/article/1235719/hsbc-cards-no-longer-work-many-overseas-atms?page=all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi dvdman1, 

Thanks for your post. 

The daily ATM withdrawal limit should be between €80 - €100 although some banks may also set their own daily limits. If you made an ATM withdrawal over the weekend, this may come out of Monday's limit and might explain why you are getting the error message on Monday. This limit would not apply to point of sale in supermarkets so you would be able to use the card at point of sale. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Hi dvdman1, 

Thanks for your post. 

The daily ATM withdrawal limit should be between €80 - €100 although some banks may also set their own daily limits. If you made an ATM withdrawal over the weekend, this may come out of Monday's limit and might explain why you are getting the error message on Monday. This limit would not apply to point of sale in supermarkets so you would be able to use the card at point of sale. 

Thanks

Billy
    Hi Billy, thank you for getting back, can I make 3 points 

----I have tried 3 different ATM providers all with varying amounts of 10k, 5k, 4k, 3k and 2k peso PHP...no money ever came out of any of the machines. (they all displayed VISA)

---- I made only 1 point of pay aprox 21euro about 1 week ago...nothing since

---- I have used the exact same visa debit boi card aprox 1 year ago in the same atm machines

Can i ask has any of boi international systems changed like HSBC
    http://www.scmp.com/news/article/1235719/hsbc-cards-no-longer-work-many-overseas-atms?page=all

Can you please look into this as it seems like Im not alone and many customers may be stranded or in a very bad situation especially in locations of the world where access to funds is really important.

Thank you for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dvdman1,

Our Visa Debit Cards are supported by Visa so the article you refer to does not have any relevancy in relation to BOI cards. Unfortunately, as we do not have access to customer's account details here, we are unable to assist you as much as we would like to. It will be necessary to contact BOI365 again to have this investigated further. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Ill contact boi365 again...thanks for the reply I understand there is only so much that can be responded to here.........
    Hi dvdman1,

Our Visa Debit Cards are supported by Visa so the article you refer to does not have any relevancy in relation to BOI cards. Unfortunately, as we do not have access to customer's account details here, we are unable to assist you as much as we would like to. It will be necessary to contact BOI365 again to have this investigated further. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement