Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lunch with kids in city center?

Options
  • 10-02-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We'll be in Dublin for a day with our kids (4 yr boy and 6.5 yr girl).
    Going to Disney store and national history museum.

anywhere recommended to eat- ideally somewhere child friendly, a 'novelty' for the kids (decor etc.) and nice food.
    Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

anywhere recommended to eat- ideally somewhere child friendly, a 'novelty' for the kids (decor etc.) and nice food.
    Thanks in advance,
    Patrick
    Bad ass café in temple bar perhaps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Captain Americas is across the road from Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Captain Americas is across the road from Disney.

You can use the tastecard app here to get 2for1 on allcourses, likewise in Gourmet Burger Kitchen on Sth Anne St, also very close to Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

maybe wagamama?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

What age are the kids?

I'd say the best place is the cafe in the National Art Gallery.

Its lovely place and good food, there is generally no problem with the kids going for a wander (I wouldnt say that of restaurants generally, but I think here its ok), and if they get bored you can bring them up the section for colouring in/ drawing for kids.

Another thing, I think you are far better off bringing them to the Natural History Museum than to National History Museum. Stuffed bats and tigers are far more interesting for kids than a 800 year old literary manuscript or whatever. The National History Museum is quite staid and dull in my view, even for an adult.

Another suggestion, Cornocopia, close to the Disney Store, is quite child friendly and it might surprise you to see your kids eating vegetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    What age are the kids?

Its lovely place and good food, there is generally no problem with the kids going for a wander (I wouldnt say that of restaurants generally, but I think here its ok), and if they get bored you can bring them up the section for colouring in/ drawing for kids.

Another thing, I think you are far better off bringing them to the Natural History Museum than to National History Museum. Stuffed bats and tigers are far more interesting for kids than a 800 year old literary manuscript or whatever. The National History Museum is quite staid and dull in my view, even for an adult.

Another suggestion, Cornocopia, close to the Disney Store, is quite child friendly and it might surprise you to see your kids eating vegetables.

Hi,
    4 yr boy and 6.5 yr girl,
    That's the museum I said I'm taking them to- the Natural History Museum or Dead Zoo as people call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

your welcome.

Hi,
    I was thinking that but it might be a tad cold this time of the year.
    If we visit again in the summer we'll do that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Another one for Wagamama's, they provide colouring books for kids, and the food is damn tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What age are the kids?

I'd have to disagree, I took my nieces to the National a couple of years ago and they loved it, would have been about 11 and 6 at the time.

your welcome.

My bad- sorry.
    I read that about 5 times and didn't see it...
    Natural History Museum than to National History Museum

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Plenty of room, cakes galore, also hot food (pasta, meat pies, no chips etc) will make wraps and sambos to order, very busy but patient staff, salads for Mum & Dad. Close to where you are going and open until 18.00?

http://kcpeaches.com/

HI,
    thanks for the replies.
    Slightly off topic but where's the best chance of getting parking near the natural history musuem/dead zoo?
    Might go there first, then Disney store after

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^^ If you're going on a Sunday, you've got Merrion Square which will be free.
    Maybe best parking in Q-park on The Green / Royal College of Surgeons if any other day. walk to History Museum is 10 mins from there roughly... and you can get disney store on way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, loads of spaces on merrion square outside office hours. Even during office hours I never had trouble finding a space. And if you park at top (opposite end to the museum) it's a nice walk through, and even a little playground at the end you come out.

Advertisement