Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - whats the cooling off period for phone line broadband - only 7 days?

• 10-02-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Change of circumstance.

Signed up over the mobile to a 12+6 month contract for Vodafone Broadband.

I called back to cancel today and they said the cooling off period is 7 days.

I thought it was 2 weeks. They said "thats Vodafones cooling off period"

Whats the law? Are Vodafone correct?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Law is 7 working days from receipt of service
    6. (1) There is an implied condition in a distance contract that -
    (a) the consumer has a period of 7 working days in which to cancel the distance contract without giving a reason, and,

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html
    Cooling-off period
    Consumers are entitled to a cooling-off period of 7 days, which begins on the day that they receive the product. In the case of a service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded or the day written confirmation of the contract was received.

As for Vodafone Broadband I presume you mean the fixed broadband service rather than the mobile service. The Standard T&Cs for fixed broadband service is also 7 days. See the Vodafone website here.

Where did you get the 2 weeks from in the first place, can you link to it?

I think a statutory 2 week cooling off period only applies to financial/insurance services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Now wait and see how posters will make this out to be Vodafones fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

lala88 banned for persistent trolling and ignoring moderator advice to post constructively.

dudara

Advertisement