Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to go for lunch in O'connel street, Henry street?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Bakehouse on Bachelor's Walk, max 2 minute walk from O'Connell St (bridge end).
    Also on Bachelors walk Terra Madre is great, short authentic Italian menu, good value, open for lunch Tuesday to Sat. Boojum is lovely but can be queues-out-the-door busy. Ugly Ducking in the epicurean does *good* sandwiches. Like this one

l.jpg

I like the food in the Paris Bakery but the service gives me a rage headache so don't enjoy going there except for takeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

Also on Bachelors walk Terra Madre is great, short authentic Italian menu, good value, open for lunch Tuesday to Sat. Boojum is lovely but can be queues-out-the-door busy. Ugly Ducking in the epicurean does *good* sandwiches. Like this one

I like the food in the Paris Bakery but the service gives me a rage headache so don't enjoy going there except for takeout.

+1 for Terra Madre, though I don't know how they are at lunchtime.

And I totally agree about the service in the Paris Bakery, the food is mostly great but the service can be disastrous. I've even developed some strategies to deal with it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Ugly duckling do great sambo's as well. Good call.
    I won't put in Paris Bakery after an incident that cost me a lunch. Needless to say, never get between a man and his food. They did..... and lost

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bakehouse on Bachelor's Walk, max 2 minute walk from O'Connell St (bridge end).

<snip>
    That looks lovely - is it prawns?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

+2 for Flanagans it's simple and always nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

101 Talbot on Talbot St - 2 mins walk from OCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 grumpymenever

The Kylemore on the corner, breakfast, lunch or a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

The Church bar & restaurant on Mary St.
    Nice food but can be busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

spurious wrote: »
    That looks lovely - is it prawns?

Tis! Deep fried, Cajun spiced ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Nelly1234 wrote: »
    Thanks in advance:)

I like Annes Bakery on Henry Street, down oppsite Jervis, lovely all day brekkie and nice range of sandwichs aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

If you're in the Parnell/Capel St area then the Woolie does the best bar food for my money. url]http://www.woolshedbaa.com/dublin/[/url

Fair play to all the posters on this thread; I think the 4/5th post said it was shocking that there was nowhere to go to eat in the OCS area but there must be 20 suggestions all within a 10min walk of the Spire at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Kay's kitchen has opened up in the Jervis centre.

It's not fancy but the food is grand and good value and there's a huge variety. Soup, sandwiches, salads, noodles, carvery and so on. I like it for when I'm on my own so I can people-watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ate there, nice but overpriced imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I'm a fan of Mes Amis beside the Abbey St Luas stop. It's a small old fashioned cafe with decent filling food and friendly staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nelly1234

Ah guys!! Thanks so much!!:) moving to dublin soon :) Be nice to know where to go! Brill suggestions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

little bit further but Star Pizza, bottom of talbot street. EUR5, 9", 2 toppings, drink, hand full of chips and a sauce! cannot be beaten, well except by the place over the road who now do same with 3 toppings but they only have about 3 chairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

cson wrote: »
    If you're in the Parnell/Capel St area then the Woolie does the best bar food for my money. URL]http://www.woolshedbaa.com/dublin/[/URL

Fair play to all the posters on this thread; I think the 4/5th post said it was shocking that there was nowhere to go to eat in the OCS area but there must be 20 suggestions all within a 10min walk of the Spire at this stage.

To be fair, what was said that there wasnt one decent place to eat on O'Connell St......not in the area around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I love grabbing lunch in T.P. Smyths on the corner of Abbey Street/ Jervis Street. Tend to go in as a treat to myself, or else Cactus Jacks in the Italian Quarter, they do a great tapas lunch deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    To be fair, what was said that there wasnt one decent place to eat on O'Connell St......not in the area around it.

The Gresham is there. It's pricey but there's nothing wrong with the food.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot street is good for lunch in that general vicinity.

http://leboncrubeen.ie/menus/lunch/

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot street is good for lunch in that general vicinity.

http://leboncrubeen.ie/menus/lunch/

Are they open again after the fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

Sad news about French Bakery indeed, more people loosing jobs.

In Cahoots is a nice cafe. It's just next to Tesco on Parnell St. They get very busy during lunch time.

The Arlington on Bachelors Walk have a wintergarden type area to the front, they open up on sunny days and it's great for people watching too. Food is nothing special, it's simply typical bar food menu but was tasty last time I was there.

Romanos on Capel Street is great too, homemade food and good value. Brother Hubbard was mentioned already and I second that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

The Gresham is there. It's pricey but there's nothing wrong with the food.

Tripadvisor reviews are fairly ordinary.....

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d2281971-Reviews-Toddy_s_Bar_and_Bistro-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are they open again after the fire?

There was a fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

There was a fire a few weeks before Christmas, some electrics in the Celt or something but they had it open again a week later. Fair play to them, with all the chrimbo bookings they'd have lost a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

AsianDub wrote: »
    There was a fire but they opened again fairly quickly 3 weeks later on December 20th.

Nice to hear, it's a quality place..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

To whoever recommended 147 on Parnell street, thanks. Had past it before but never thought to look in. Was there yesterday and had the Reuben and French onion soup and it was delicious. Ill be back to try the pork.

Advertisement