Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home brew shops in dublin

• 10-02-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi guy i was looking on-line for a home brew shop in Dublin .i found nutting on the web.
    could any body tell me were there is a shop .
    thanks guys.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There aren't really any proper homebrew shops in Dublin. Some of the larger Tescos do kits and basic supplies, and 57 The Headline on Leonard's Corner stocks True Batch kits and refills. But most people buy online, from the likes of HomebrewWest, The Homebrew Company, Homebrew.ie or others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gally4

thanks

but i looking for a shop i can pop in and out of if i need to .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gally4

thanks beer nut ill have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

gally4 wrote: »
    but i looking for a shop i can pop in and out of if i need to .

Thats why most of them are closed. People browse in the shops, maybe make some purchases for a first time, and then buy online for everything else.

I suspect that Home Brew West can maintain an off-line store, mostly due to their online and wholesale sales. But its a very tough market, and most home brewers are very frugal (bulk purchases, moving to all grain, harvesting yeast and DIY equipment conversions).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

It would be nice if larger off-licenses stocked a certain amount of kit. Mainly the stuff people need in a pinch that are non perishable. Thermometers and hydrometers for one. These feckers often get broke during a brew day.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Whisko

Just be glad things aren't as bad as they where 10 years ago. Atleast we have some decent Irish homebrew suppliers now and don't need to pay and arm and a leg to get a bag of grain sent over from England.

Thre used to be a delivery supply company in Dublin who would deliver homebrew supplies anywhere in the city for €5. I live up in belfast now though and can't recall their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Does The Headline sell DME?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 BrewRob

I heard 2 homebrew shops will be opening in dublin (greater dublin area maybe) in the next few weeks. On if confirmed for Lagan road in Glasnevin. The other one I heard about is registered in leixlip but I am not sure where the premises will be.

I have nothing to do with either of these shops.

Does The Headline sell DME?
    Doubt it, but they've been talking about expanding beyond the all-grain kits they do now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Tesco clearwater aka Tesco Finglas sells some homebrew items. The selection isnt fantastic. But if it sells I imagine they will increase the amount they have

Not sure of the name of the shop in Dublin (Glasnevin). It is going to be at 106 Lagan Road. Don't know the owner or have anything to do with the shop. Jsut checked the CRO and Solocheck. Nothing registered to those addresses.

To be fair one of the shops being opened is by one of the Users of the forum. However, rules will not allow them advertise. Mods can you advise if 3rd parties can pass on this information??? I have involvement in these shops but a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin is in a lot of peoples interest. Are we free to pass around information and discuss???
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

hasnt it always been the case if your answering a query here? If your not sly about it and open?

@adamski8 got first infraction the other day for talking out of turn. Just trying to avoid another. I spoke about a business. Personally I think it would be great for the owner to talk about the new store here. They are doing it else where.:D

If somebody can PM me all the details I'll post them here. That should keep us on the right side of Boards Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Have to take a trip out for a gander

Can someone please post something? I live near it and would like to know about it.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Am I too late too the party by saying Next Door Off license in Kimmage. I thought they had closed but drove by last week and they appeared open again!!!

I have no associations with them but feel like I should be on comission the amount of times I throw out their name..A good selection of ready made beers too!

Anyone confirm if they have reopened... with homebrew stuff inside.. the selection was always basic enough but it'd get ya pisshed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

BeerNut wrote: »
    If somebody can PM me all the details I'll post them here. That should keep us on the right side of Boards Law.

Pm sent with details

• Advertisement

Armelodie wrote: »
    Am I too late too the party by saying Next Door Off license in Kimmage. I thought they had closed but drove by last week and they appeared open again!
    Open under new ownership. I don't think they sell homebrew gear though.
    Pm sent with details
    Cheers! So that's:
    The Mottly Brew
    106 Lagan Rd
    Dublin ind est
    Glasnevin
    Dublin 11

Per this, on Adverts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I did a kit brewing demo on Saturday using this equipment.

http://www.geterbrewed.com/geb-beer-starter-kit-for-beer-and-cider.html

By far the cheapest starter kit you'll find for sale in Ireland, all you need to add in is bottles, caps and a capper (or get flip tops) and you're sorted to start brewing kits.

BeerNut wrote: »

Cheers! So that's:
    The Mottly Brew
    106 Lagan Rd
    Dublin ind est
    Glasnevin
    Dublin 11

Per this, on Adverts.

Did the PM say when it was opening?

Nope. That's the sum total of Boards Home Brewing's knowledge of the situation to date.

Any more intelligence on the matter, from any source, via any channel, would be welcome.

I'm going to scope it out on my way home from work this evening.

I'll take a few reccie pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Whisko

Are they just stocking beer kits?

A shop with the kind of selection the home brew company offer would make me **** myself with excitement.

I take it since Ireland and Dublin are small they'll be establishing an online presence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ian2010

brewing starter kits fermenter bottles etc

Beer kits coopers muntons brew ferm woodfords bulldog etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,789 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The forum charter clearly states - No advertising. That include promotion too. So, I've had to delete a number of posts advertising a new home brew shop & also done a tidy-up of responses.

I've started a thread in the F&D mods thread to see if this bar on advertising should be reviewed. But right now - action has been taken in line with the forum charter.

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

They've a facebook page under same name anyway. All kits by the look of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭jack01986

I know its a thread resurrection but Im looking to get some cider making starter kits is there any walk in shops in Dublin that are open at the moment?

Advertisement