Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty Insurance refusing to issue copy of no claims bonus

Options
  • 10-02-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I accidently shredded my NCB cert.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I've written to Liberty twice to request a duplicate, who are refusing to issue a duplicate of that NCB cert until my current policy expires (on the 1st of March.)[/font]
    [font=Helv, sans-serif]I would like to confirm that unfortunately another copy of the No Claims Discount can only be issued once the policy has lapsed on the 01/03/2014, at that point if you would like to contact us again we would be happy to request one to be issued.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]According to the Financial Ombudsman, the insurance company are legally obliged to issue proof of NCB.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Is there any legal explanation as to why Liberty are refusing to provide me with this document?[/font]

To clarify, I'm looking for a duplicate of the document which they already issued - not a new document.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Crisis averted.
    Axa have extended my NCB date up to the 19th March and issued me with a temporary cert. Awesome service!

I guess this thread can now be closed.

All sorted now.

It seems one of the previous agents didn't understand from my original request that the document had been shredded.

But another agent read the request and now, Liberty have issued a duplicate certificate. 

#Delighted 
    #FaithInLibertyRestored 
    #MightConsiderThemForTheHomeInsuranceNowAfterAll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Liberty Insurance: Lisa

Hi Dannnyboy83

Glad we have been able to resolve your query  If you would like to PM me your details, I can check your file in order to confirm your NCB has been posted?

Thanks
    Lisa

Hi Lisa, 

Thanks for your response, it was received yesterday evening. This issue is now resolved.

Thanks
    Dan

Advertisement