Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why you probably shouldn't advertise on Facebook

Options
  • 10-02-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

This hit the front page of Reddit this evening. 9 minutes long but worth it as it's very informative as to how (according to the publisher) Facebook is either corrupt, flawed or both in its paid for advertising.

I'd be certainly hesitant to pay to promote my page after watching this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Cianos wrote: »
    This hit the front page of Reddit this evening. 9 minutes long but worth it as it's very informative as to how (according to the publisher) Facebook is either corrupt, flawed or both in its paid for advertising.

I'd be certainly hesitant to pay to promote my page after watching this.

Very interesting buyer beware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I "like" it!

However, if you read this again, a real life practical demonstration of FB in use in an Irish Business http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057136604, there is a significant disparity in the results.

I am the last person on here to be defending FB, I think it is particularly useless for B2B businesses, but even I can accept that it works extremely well in other types of businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Certainly puts across a compelling argument. From my experience I can say that I do some of the random likes we get odd but that at the same time it has been very profitable despite the likelyhood of there being a few people who we have next to no chance of creating any revenue from.

Advertisement